Everything.. Norwegian Viva/Prima class #2

FreestyleNovice

4 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

I guess your experiences were better than other people on inaugural sailings.  On several occasions, I read articles and comments on the internet that on original sailings (and sometimes on the one after the inaugural) there were facilities on the ship that were not yet completed and hence, unavailable.  I remember people saying that there was still crew members from the shipyard on the ship during the cruise working to finish construction.  And, it was often mentioned that many guests had to make service calls as some components in the cabins were not working properly.  Should shipyards delay the handover, there are huge penalties.  So they continue to do the finishing touch with passengers on board.

May be your experiences were different

I've done a couple of first sailings (and am booked on the Prima). There were minor issues on both of them and I expect them on the Prima, but nothing major. I know quite a few people who always try to do the first sailings and they are all very happy.

If your holiday is going to be spoilt by seeing some workmen doing some finishing touches or by the occasional teething problem then I wouldn''t recommend them, but otherwise they are usually a lot of fun.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 6:53 AM, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Yes, category B9 on Prima is Spa Balcony. 

image.png

image.png

Thanks for the info Wendy&Grumpy! 🙂

Do you know if the Prima has any spa balconies that hold 3 guests?

Also, do you have any photos of the Prima's thermal suite?

All the best!

J

9 hours ago, jonesnewl said:

Thanks for the info Wendy&Grumpy! 🙂

Do you know if the Prima has any spa balconies that hold 3 guests?

Also, do you have any photos of the Prima's thermal suite?

All the best!

J

The description says up to two, and I believe that's the only spa category. You could try a mock booking for 3 to see if they show up maybe?

They haven't officially announced a thermal suite or shared any renders yet. Waiting (im)patiently!  😗

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

On 1/13/2022 at 3:53 PM, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Yes, category B9 on Prima is Spa Balcony. 

image.png

image.png

A Italian interior design subcontractor's website also showed this as reference(s):

NCL - Norwegian Cruise Line
Hull 6298 “Leonardo Project” (Delivery 2022) Maghera FINCANTIERI SPA area & Gym
Hull 6299 “Leonardo Project” (Delivery 2023) Maghera FINCANTIERI SPA area & Gym
Hull 6300 “Leonardo Project” (Delivery 2024) Maghera FINCANTIERI SPA area & Gym
Hull 6301 “Leonardo Project” (Delivery 2025) Maghera FINCANTIERI SPA area & Gym

Nothing else to see but here's the source https://www.navalinterior.it/en/reference-list/ (scroll down for the PDF download)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

A Italian interior design subcontractor's website also showed this as reference(s):

NCL - Norwegian Cruise Line
Hull 6298 “Leonardo Project” (Delivery 2022) Maghera FINCANTIERI SPA area & Gym
Hull 6299 “Leonardo Project” (Delivery 2023) Maghera FINCANTIERI SPA area & Gym
Hull 6300 “Leonardo Project” (Delivery 2024) Maghera FINCANTIERI SPA area & Gym
Hull 6301 “Leonardo Project” (Delivery 2025) Maghera FINCANTIERI SPA area & Gym

Nothing else to see but here's the source https://www.navalinterior.it/en/reference-list/ (scroll down for the PDF download)

Thanks for this! It's a bummer that they don't provide images like they have for all the other lines!

• Like 1

Harry Sommers said somewhere else that Prima and Viva would be/are similar and that "the big focus here is on itineraries."

In the renders there are a few differences with the shower and awning over the bar at Vibe but it might be artists' freedom.

Having the same artist for the hull art is a missed opportunity in my view.. especially if they go with the exact same design. :classic_sad:

primaviva_vibe.jpg

9 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

The description says up to two, and I believe that's the only spa category. You could try a mock booking for 3 to see if they show up maybe?

They haven't officially announced a thermal suite or shared any renders yet. Waiting (im)patiently!  😗

Yep, I tried a booking with 3 and the spa balcony was indicated as unavailable. I don't think they are offering any 3 person spa balcony cabins at this point. I'm very curious to see if the thermal suite is basically the same as on the Encore and Bliss or if it is going to be different.

On 1/13/2022 at 12:15 PM, KeithJenner said:

I've done a couple of first sailings (and am booked on the Prima). 

Which one is it for Viva?  I grabbed a spa balcony for TA, but I see they sail long before that and it might be fun for a first sail.  Are role calls open yet? Didn't see Viva listed. 

Edited by kessdarln
addition

2 hours ago, kessdarln said:

Which one is it for Viva?  I grabbed a spa balcony for TA, but I see they sail long before that and it might be fun for a first sail.  Are role calls open yet? Didn't see Viva listed. 

To be honest I haven’t looked at the 2023 Viva itineraries, so I can’t help on that. We already have other plans in 2023, so if we do Viva it will be in 2024.

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

To be honest I haven’t looked at the 2023 Viva itineraries, so I can’t help on that. We already have other plans in 2023, so if we do Viva it will be in 2024.

Or Bella, Donna, etc. 

Hopefully anything will be different with the next Leo's! :classic_huh:

On 1/16/2022 at 9:01 PM, kessdarln said:

When booking a forward facing, should it be above or below the bridge.  Saw it somewhere, couldn't find it with a search. 🤔

If your Forward Facing are Balconies:  NEITHER   You might be able to go outside because of the wind.  Above The Bridge for me would be the better option.  Under The Bridge comes with a lot of restrtictions especially.  The Bridge needs TOTAL darkness at night.  They also can see what is happening on the balconies below, you would not want them to see something that was inapporperate.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, www3traveler said:

If your Forward Facing are Balconies:  NEITHER   You might be able to go outside because of the wind.  Above The Bridge for me would be the better option.  Under The Bridge comes with a lot of restrtictions especially.  The Bridge needs TOTAL darkness at night.  They also can see what is happening on the balconies below, you would not want them to see something that was inapporperate.

Thanks, that is what I was trying to figure out.  Deck 13 would be better than 9 🙂

On 1/15/2022 at 11:37 PM, kessdarln said:

Viva roll calls are listed now 

• CC Help Jenn changed the title to Everything.. Norwegian Viva/Prima class #2

One thing I see is comments regarding the hill art being the same. If you take a look, the ships have blue as the primary color, with prima having gray shades and viva having a green/teal shade. I had a gut feeling Viva was going to be similar since there wasn’t as much fanfare around the hull-art (video reveals, etc). At first I didn’t like the idea, but now, if all the following ships in the class have the same design element with different shades (purple, red, light blue, etc) I think it would be a unique way to unify the class.  

98E8B764-979D-40CB-AC1A-76EB3F221002.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Beezo said:

One thing I see is comments regarding the hill art being the same. If you take a look, the ships have blue as the primary color, with prima having gray shades and viva having a green/teal shade. I had a gut feeling Viva was going to be similar since there wasn’t as much fanfare around the hull-art (video reveals, etc). At first I didn’t like the idea, but now, if all the following ships in the class have the same design element with different shades (purple, red, light blue, etc) I think it would be a unique way to unify the class.  

98E8B764-979D-40CB-AC1A-76EB3F221002.jpeg

I see what you mean, although it's hard to compare them since the lighting is quite different.

It also looks like the design going up the superstructure is different.