Everything.. Norwegian Viva/Prima class #2

FreestyleNovice

2 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

It looks like Viva has one or more golf simulators.  I don't recall seeing that in any of the Prima media.

I think a read that for prima too.

nothing new about the ship?

same hull art?

Just now, Keith.W said:

Cant get over the costings of the VIVA i am paying much  less for each for a Haven suite  to Bermuda in September,   

I am still tempted to put a deposit on the Greek Isles Sept for a studio 🙂 

I'm having huge problems with the site for actual booking, but can see prices and...yikes.

Nevertheless, I called NCL and booked a Studio for the November 2023 transatlantic.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Keith.W said:

Cant get over the costings of the VIVA i am paying much  less for each for a Haven suite  to Bermuda in September,   

I just booked the Haven Aft-Facing Owner's Suite on Viva and its cheaper then the Haven Aft Facing Penthouse I booked on Prima last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dolls123 said:

I just booked the Haven Aft-Facing Owner's Suite on Viva and its cheaper then the Haven Aft Facing Penthouse I booked on Prima last year. 

Sounds like you stumbled on a deal! On the few Viva cruises I spot-checked the owner's suite was sky high compared to others.

27 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

Anyone seeing much difference between the Prima and Viva? I'm not seeing much difference in the limited info/images

I was 'told' Prima and Viva are sister ships just like Breakaway and Getaway 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

Anyone seeing much difference between the Prima and Viva? I'm not seeing much difference in the limited info/images

In addition to the golf simulator which was discussed above I see no Starbucks listed for Indulge on Viva and no mention of The Concourse, but that doesn't prove they won't exist.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

In addition to the golf simulator which was discussed above I see no Starbucks listed for Indulge on Viva and no mention of The Concourse, but that doesn't prove they won't exist.

I just saw a video on youtube about Viva stating it has a Starbucks and that every NCL ship has a Starbucks

• Like 1

Well I this morning I booked a Feb 4, 2024 Caribbean cruise on the Viva.

Im surprised she is sailing out of San Juan.....but at least this means instant warm weather as Florida can get chilly in February.

I just hope my Two cruises on the Prima in 2023 are good ones that leave me still interested in the Viva.🤓

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keith.W said:

I would love to do Lisbon to London but  am floored by the rates.. not even the Haven (whoa!) 

Well we are booked on the TA, don't have a clue what room. Seems that travel agents were given an opportunity to block rooms for certain cruises, our TA picked the transatlantic, she doesn't have any idea yet what rooms she has yet, NCL never got back to her.

@FreestyleNovice think you need to update the name of the thread, thanks for everything

I was waiting for the Viva announcement to book a cruise for fall 2023.

It won't happen.  Most of the summer/fall cruises are in the Mediteranean.  I have already cruised that area several times.  Then the TA in November:  a rather short one, 11 days.  Usually TAs are 13 to 16 days.  Departing from Lisbon allows them to reduce the lenght of the cruise.  Only 3 ports: Funchal, Azores and Royal Naval dockyard.  Like the Prima 1rst TA, ends in New York (doing it on the Prima).  I don't find it interesting enough to book it.  And it is not cheap!!!!.   

As we know, the prices for cruises on the Prima has more than doubled since they start bookings.  And the prices on the Viva are in line with the Prima.  It looks like that as many people have not yet resumed sailing and still have significant amount of FCC in the bank, they hope that people will book these very price inflated cruises.  When you use your FCC, the out of pocket money is often much less. So people will book it.  I used up all my FCC so I won't sail on the Viva for few more years. I am happy that I was able to book the Prima for the B2B in September at a decent price.

Interesting that they make Lisbon as the embarkation port for a new ship.  

I hope that one of the new ship will replace the NCL Star for the South America and Antartica cruises.  But if it happens, it appears that it won't be until winter 2025.

I was also hoping that they would use the launch of the Viva bookings to add more information about bars and restaurants on both Prima and Viva.  Still many unknown on both ships, even with the Prima sailing in 7 months.  

We will have to wait for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, rjw103 said:

Yesterday I booked the VIVA for the inaugural sailing June 15 -24,  Lisbon to Rome,  9-days.  VIVA will be the 6th inaugural cruise for me out of 12 cruises. I kind of like to sail the new ships.

I guess your experiences were better than other people on inaugural sailings.  On several occasions, I read articles and comments on the internet that on original sailings (and sometimes on the one after the inaugural) there were facilities on the ship that were not yet completed and hence, unavailable.  I remember people saying that there was still crew members from the shipyard on the ship during the cruise working to finish construction.  And, it was often mentioned that many guests had to make service calls as some components in the cabins were not working properly.  Should shipyards delay the handover, there are huge penalties.  So they continue to do the finishing touch with passengers on board.

May be your experiences were different

20 hours ago, RMS Olympic said:

Well I this morning I booked a Feb 4, 2024 Caribbean cruise on the Viva.

Im surprised she is sailing out of San Juan.....but at least this means instant warm weather as Florida can get chilly in February.

I just hope my Two cruises on the Prima in 2023 are good ones that leave me still interested in the Viva.🤓

I'm on the same sailing