Everything.. Norwegian Viva/Prima class #2

FreestyleNovice

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 12:14 PM, twisterfreak2280 said:

There’s was a webinar today. Not much announced that we didn’t already know from Prima. They did talk a bit more about the food hall. Basically it sounds similar to the buffet where you can create customizable small plates at the 11 different eateries. 

Did they mention if all of the stalls in the food hall are included (complimentary)? Or are they ala carte?

24 minutes ago, Sherrica said:

Did they mention if all of the stalls in the food hall are included (complimentary)? Or are they ala carte?

I’m booked on the Viva in the distant future and on the app the stalls are listed as “complimentary”, but so is Coco’s so I’m not convinced the app is correct. 

I jumped on board and booked Viva for August of 2023 - Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Greece (I think).  I just adore that new ship smell. 🙂

Not bothering with a Haven booking because it is so incredibly port intensive. Even so, the prices definitely made my eyebrows raise a bit.  

• Like 2

Just booked NCL Viva today for July/August 2023, Lisbon to London!  We have never been to any of the ports on the 9 day itinerary so it will be awesome to experience an all new itinerary! Already dreaming of my first glass of Prosecco once aboard this beautiful new ship! 🥂

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 9:30 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

Norwegian-Prima-Float-Out-Launch.jpg.55ed0e5e00ade0266212bee523d80976.jpg

Currently under construction at the Fincantieri shipyard in Italy, the second hull of the Prima class which was previously known as Project Leonardo. Leonardo 2, Leo 2, Prima 2, etc. :classic_happy:

She's scheduled for a 2023 delivery. My guess is that will be March-May:

Prima's megablock was floated in at the end of October 2020, with Covid and being a first in class her building pace might be slower than her successor.  Currently Prima is set for a a June 2022 delivery and there's no mention of delay at this moment. So that makes some 19 months building time from the moment the megablock entered the Fincantieri Marghera dry dock in Venice. Leo 2 entered the dock in the first week of September 2021 plus some 19 months, March, April, May 2023..?

Onetime I ran across specific delivery months for each Leonardo ship but giving the constantly changing world and it was just one website mentioning them I kind of disregarded them, without itineraries out there's nothing to book so we will go by one at a time! 

Rumored names were posted in the Everything.. Prima thread and there was also mention of a Prima Plus/Prima+ class in the future for the ships on order. Similar to the Breakaway class which evolved into the Breakaway Plus class.

My biggest curiosity is if the ships will be any different from each other, which is to be expected with the long delivery timeline of a new ship each year up to 2027! And that's good news for us, hopefully we will have some different Everything.. threads along the way instead of cookie cutter ones! :classic_laugh:

Well, let's get to the point..

My friends and fellow enthusiasts, I hereby declare this thread opened! :classic_biggrin:

(Oh and I only had to because mixing the two ships in one thread would be messy, not because NCL wants or pays me to do.. :classic_ninja: Probably rather the opposite, makes sense not getting any free chocolate strawberries. But we did not even got our hands on the full deck plans this time? Okay, we had the track, the slides.. :classic_blush:)

When do we start the thread for #3 (2024)?! 😜

steal cutting has to be in the next couple weeks/months. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 2:38 PM, SeahawkSiren said:

Just booked NCL Viva today for July/August 2023, Lisbon to London!  We have never been to any of the ports on the 9 day itinerary so it will be awesome to experience an all new itinerary! Already dreaming of my first glass of Prosecco once aboard this beautiful new ship! 🥂

Hi, we are also booked on the Viva back to back July /August 2023.  So exciting….

I apologize if this has been asked and answered but, does anyone know if there will be a main dining room with complimentary meals on the Prima?  I certainly don't want to be going to a fee restaurant every night for dinner.  I looked at the deck pictures but didn't see a main dining room.  Thank you for any information.

34 minutes ago, cruise4family said:

I apologize if this has been asked and answered but, does anyone know if there will be a main dining room with complimentary meals on the Prima?  I certainly don't want to be going to a fee restaurant every night for dinner.  I looked at the deck pictures but didn't see a main dining room.  Thank you for any information.

Of course there will be free dining options. There are many areas on the ship deck plans still marked as 'TBD', so at least one of them will be the complimentary main dining room(s).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

NCL never publicly did anything with the keel laying ceremonies of Prima or Viva.

Below is a rare photo of the, what I think, first section laid down next to the Viva mega block from Romania in Fincantieri's Venice dry dock a while ago. With just the sign and a NCL banner it sure is a modest keel laying ceremony.

I wish NCL would up it a bit more, I guess it means no (added) value to them otherwise they would have figured out at least something during Covid times. But these ships are different, the general idea of spreading the masses really seems to be planned out and worked out throughout the ship desing in total. With the Epic NCL had the first gamechanging megaship which perhaps was even ahead of her time, with the Breakaway (Plus) class NCL set the bar for the competition in terms of on board facilities. Some of the largest ships of the largest cruise line don't even have a water slide on board or are just started retrofitting them. It's may be a thing you should consider being proud and brave on NCL, but perhaps I am just being melancholic and doesn't the (new) general public care about shipbuilding. :classic_blush:

1632129688458.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 9:20 AM, RMS Olympic said:

#3.... maybe named Norwegian Terza?

LOL.

Well, based on trademarks they have the following registered for the remaining four unnamed: 

Norwegian Aura

Norwegian Ombra

Norwegian Luna

Norwegian Aqua

Norwegian Bella

Norwegian Ultima

Norwegian Vela

2 hours ago, Beezo said:

LOL.

Well, based on trademarks they have the following registered for the remaining four unnamed: 

Norwegian Aura

Norwegian Ombra

Norwegian Luna

Norwegian Aqua

Norwegian Bella

Norwegian Ultima

Norwegian Vela

I think the last ship, Leonardo #6, will be named Ultima.   My bet for # 3 is  Bella

• Like 2

On 1/31/2022 at 4:08 PM, Quincella said:

I jumped on board and booked Viva for August of 2023 - Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Greece (I think).  I just adore that new ship smell. 🙂

Not bothering with a Haven booking because it is so incredibly port intensive. Even so, the prices definitely made my eyebrows raise a bit.  

We booked the Viva for Sept 4, 2023 and can't wait!

• Like 1