Must See in Aruba

pajazz28

• 1 month later...

We where there last week and rented a UTV for the day and ended up driving all over the island.    Including my phone died on our way back from the far end and had to drive through Oranjestad and find our rental  place up near Palm Beach without a GPS.  We had almost no issue and really no problem with the roads and traffic at all.  

From the car i would image Ayo rock and the lighthouse are good sights as well as Eagle Beach and Palm Beach (or Baby Beach on the far end if you just wanted to get out)   The back side of the island is amazing,  but i wouldn't take a small car back there.  it is all sand/dirt roads  but it is beautiful  with rugged coast and huge waves crashing.

if you like animals, phillips animal garden.  I loved watching the interaction of the animals with the workers.  Snorkeling at malmok beach or boca catalina.  There is no place to clean off (fresh water) so keep that in mind!!.  We drove a small car out to the bushiribana gold mines/ruins and explored.  The new Natural cave pool is near there and is really cool to explore.  Jgarriso's recommendations are also good.  

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2021 at 9:31 AM, Jgarriso said:

We where there last week and rented a UTV for the day and ended up driving all over the island.    Including my phone died on our way back from the far end and had to drive through Oranjestad and find our rental  place up near Palm Beach without a GPS.  We had almost no issue and really no problem with the roads and traffic at all.  

From the car i would image Ayo rock and the lighthouse are good sights as well as Eagle Beach and Palm Beach (or Baby Beach on the far end if you just wanted to get out)   The back side of the island is amazing,  but i wouldn't take a small car back there.  it is all sand/dirt roads  but it is beautiful  with rugged coast and huge waves crashing.

We will be in the cruise Port of Aruba on 12/26. Are there car rental companies to get a car that day from the Port or can you give a recommendation regarding pre-booking a car with a company that would meet us at the Port? Thanks for any info/help you can provide.

16 minutes ago, BPCruiser said:

We will be in the cruise Port of Aruba on 12/26. Are there car rental companies to get a car that day from the Port or can you give a recommendation regarding pre-booking a car with a company that would meet us at the Port? Thanks for any info/help you can provide.

Be careful.  Not all hire companies are honest.  BIL got a bill on his credit card for fuel, damage and inside cleaning, but returned the car refuelled (full) without damage and nothing inside.

Rental companies are just outside the dock gates.  Go with a global hire company, booked locally where you live with outlets in Aruba.

5 minutes ago, BPCruiser said:

Great info, thanks for the recommendations. If we rent a car, are there places to safely park our car around Eagle beach or Palm Beach? Public parking or will the hotels allow us to park in their hotel parking ?

Last visit, 

Plenty of safe and FREE public parking at both sites.

• Like 1