Encore - dinner reservations not available online?

Ltm6

Hi all, 

Our first NCL cruise is Jan 9th on the Encore. The 120 day window for reservations opened up last Saturday Sept 11th. I didn’t long on until maybe noon or so, Eastern time. The only reservations available on *any* of the restaurants was for the first day the 9th. I called Norwegian and apparently they do rolling bookings? I’m just wondering because it’s now almost Wednesday and no other days are showing up and I’d really like to book Cagney’s for our Anniversary on Friday the 14th. Otherwise  It seems odd that everything would be totally booked except for the first day? TIA! 

I was never able to book dining reservations online for our Encore cruise. I've never had good luck with that with NCL pre-cruise. But we have always had pretty good luck booking on embarkation day - I can't remember where we went to book on our last cruise, but we booked right after we had lunch. Also, during the cruise, we were able to easily book and change bookings at the reservation desk which is in the atrium. Have a wonderful cruise!

2 hours ago, Ltm6 said:

Hi all, 

Our first NCL cruise is Jan 9th on the Encore. The 120 day window for reservations opened up last Saturday Sept 11th. I didn’t long on until maybe noon or so, Eastern time. The only reservations available on *any* of the restaurants was for the first day the 9th. I called Norwegian and apparently they do rolling bookings? I’m just wondering because it’s now almost Wednesday and no other days are showing up and I’d really like to book Cagney’s for our Anniversary on Friday the 14th. Otherwise  It seems odd that everything would be totally booked except for the first day? TIA! 

No. That is unusual. Keep calling to try and book reservations. The online system is often unreliable. 

And welcome to Cruise Critic!

Edited by BirdTravels

There have been many posts on here lately regarding issues with booking meals, including someone saying they could also only see the first day.

There are clearly some problems at the moment, so all you can do is keep looking and also be prepared to book quickly once boarded. If reservations haven’t been available then lots of people will want to be doing it, so make sure you have the app loaded or use the touchscreens rather than queue at the reservations desk.

14 hours ago, Ltm6 said:

Hi all, 

Definitely give them a call. They will help you out. Good luck 🍀 

We will be in the Haven on the 1/22 sailing of the Escape.  Currently 129 days out, cannot make any dinner reservations.  Called the reservations number and they were unable to do anything.  Same with the concierge desk, they took my information and said they would try going forward.