New Princess Sphere class ships?

big al

39 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Looking at the AFT Sanctuary, and the two lifts there, and the exclusive restaurant that is also located there AFT,  it looks like the entire most rear section of the Sanctuary will be private 'reserve' access.  So, there will still be a good amount of Sanctuary space, but no forward or aft view.  Only side Port or Starboard.   Maybe the Bow of the ship up at The Dome will be open, maybe adult only, access?

Based on the plans, my guess is that the bow area will be the Adult Retreat. 

• Like 1

It appears that it will be The Dome, with the indoor outdoor pool.  But, who knows how 'adult' it will be.  We will have to wait and see!   I don't know if they will make that large of an area, a covered area, restricted from families.  Maybe at night.  They do mention changing this area/venue at night to a Miami South Beach type of atmosphere.   That would definitely bring Princess into the 21st Century non-geriatric demographic!

7 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

It appears that it will be The Dome, with the indoor outdoor pool.  But, who knows how 'adult' it will be.  We will have to wait and see!   I don't know if they will make that large of an area, a covered area, restricted from families.  Maybe at night.  They do mention changing this area/venue at night to a Miami South Beach type of atmosphere.   That would definitely bring Princess into the 21st Century non-geriatric demographic!

Probably similar concept to the Majestic Hollywood Pool and Conservatory. Adult pool area during day, night club with dj in evening.

More of potential problem with design is that unlike almost all large ships that have dinning venues split high and low, this design clumps them into 3 lower decks, and puts international cafe and pizza right next to buffet. This would seem to have the potential to make the ship seem even more crowded than the Royal Class. 

36 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Probably similar concept to the Majestic Hollywood Pool and Conservatory. Adult pool area during day, night club with dj in evening.

More of potential problem with design is that unlike almost all large ships that have dinning venues split high and low, this design clumps them into 3 lower decks, and puts international cafe and pizza right next to buffet. This would seem to have the potential to make the ship seem even more crowded than the Royal Class. 

Carnival with their Excel Class ships that the Sun Princess is based on has their food options spread all over the ship, with the majority on decks 16 and 8, but other options on 17, 6 & 7.

• Thanks 1

I am not sure that a more central dining wouldn't work out well.   It almost makes sense to me.  While people have loved having the Buffett up high, for the view, etc...  It seems that for me, it was always a hike, and not near other food options.  Just the pool deck.  I am seeing how that would work out well on Port days, when many people won't be needing to hit those elevators to go all the way up, and then all the way back down.   I am hoping that the traffic area will not be as busy and congested as feared.  Too bad about the whole aft facing area of the Sanctuary being special access.   But, I would still appreciate a Sanctuary either way.  Nothing compares to it being where it is on the Royal Class!

Edited by Wishing on a star

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am not sure that a more central dining wouldn't work out well.   It almost makes sense to me.  While people have loved having the Buffett up high, for the view, etc...  It seems that for me, it was always a hike, and not near other food options.  Just the pool deck.  I am seeing how that would work out well on Port days, when many people won't be needing to hit those elevators to go all the way up, and then all the way back down.   I am hoping that the traffic area will not be as busy and congested as feared.  Too bad about the whole aft facing area of the Sanctuary being special access.   But, I would still appreciate a Sanctuary either way.  Nothing compares to it being where it is on the Royal Class!

Not being near other food options is actually a plus in that it makes for people being more spread out on the ship. On the current ships you have the international Cafe of deck 5 very convenient for people that want to get a light lunch or a bite after returning from excursions.  So they do not have togo to and deal with the crowds in the buffet. On this design it is right next to the buffet and any seating for the IC is like to just be mixed with buffet seating. On current ships the passengers are split between the upper decks (buffet, grill, pizza) as well as the pool areas, and the lower public space IC, entertainment venues, piazza and main dining rooms.  With the new design only pools up high, including new retreat sphere area, everything else public is on deck 6, 7, 8. The children's areas are down in the low space, there is what appeared to be an expanded Princess Live area, but pretty small explorers and no rear lounge area.  Bottom line is that most public space, outside of the new reserved areas are down low in that deck space.  Looks like the potential for a very crowded feeling ship.

Certainly it represents a change from most other ship designs when in come to the Lido deck and buffet location.

Edited by ldtr

4 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Carnival with their Excel Class ships that the Sun Princess is based on has their food options spread all over the ship, with the majority on decks 16 and 8, but other options on 17, 6 & 7.

yep as do most other ships, none group buffet and mdrs, all down low. Spreading them out spreads out passengers making the ship feel less crowded. If the deck plan that was published holds up Princess will be combining options from deck 5 and 14 on current ships onto deck 8,

Do those deck plans show exactly where the International Cafe is?  Or might be proposed to be?

I am not sure it is near the large AFT dining room?

I was thinking it was forward of the large main Piazza?  Thinking that two deck round area there might have a food court type set-up? They mention so many dining options in the promo stuff.

28 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Do those deck plans show exactly where the International Cafe is?  Or might be proposed to be?

I am not sure it is near the large AFT dining room?

I was thinking it was forward of the large main Piazza?  Thinking that two deck round area there might have a food court type set-up? They mention so many dining options in the promo stuff.

The deck plans that were available for a few days showed in at one side of the entrance to the buffet the pizza place was on the other side. If I recall correctly aft of mid ship. Make me wonder if it will be the same IC, or more like the deck 14 coffee/ice cream venusome ships. ships.

These were posted on social media by the Princess UK team, not sure if these were generally available:  The Sanctuary and the Solarium on Sun Princess

image.png.d3a928a47a2a72df12738bbaa2470eab.png

image.png.116784359aff031af3035c73799a7d80.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dides said:

These were posted on social media by the Princess UK team, not sure if these were generally available:  The Sanctuary and the Solarium on Sun Princess

image.png.d3a928a47a2a72df12738bbaa2470eab.png

image.png.116784359aff031af3035c73799a7d80.png

Beautiful spaces, I’m sure that we’d all love to see more photos of this new ship if you see more to share.

• Like 1

These are all just computer generated artistic mock-ups.

We will see how close the real ship really looks!

And, is this the the regular Sanctuary, or the exclusive area?

PS:  I might not remember which newer ship(s), but some of the newer sanctuary areas with their minimalistic (ikea) and box-metal loungers, etc.  is really a huge miss.   Bring back some attractive and pleasing design!!!  (which might be shown above!)

41 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

These are all just computer generated artistic mock-ups.

We will see how close the real ship really looks!

And, is this the the regular Sanctuary, or the exclusive area?

PS:  I might not remember which newer ship(s), but some of the newer sanctuary areas with their minimalistic (ikea) and box-metal loungers, etc.  is really a huge miss.   Bring back some attractive and pleasing design!!!  (which might be shown above!)

they don't make em' anymore