How long can I stay on board the last day?

highcorral25

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

You pinpointed the main problem---what do with the luggage.

Yep.  Luggage is my concern as well.

I decided, for now at least, to rent a car from MIA.  The cost is the same as a day-use hotel ($95).  I'll get off the ship quickly, take a $10 shuttle to MIA (at least it was $10 two years ago), then cruise around Miami until my flight.

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

You pinpointed the main problem---what do with the luggage.

Yep.  Luggage is my concern as well.

I decided, for now at least, to rent a car from MIA.  The cost is the same as a day-use hotel ($95).  I'll get off the ship quickly, take a $10 shuttle to MIA (at least it was $10 two years ago), then cruise around Miami until my flight.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 1:14 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

This reminded me... I seem to recall some talk a few years back where (for a fee) people could stay onboard well into lunch of the next sailing. Can't recall which line floated that option - but I have not heard anything about it since them.

Tom

That was Celebrity. They are not doing it right now due to Covid.

With most ships at 70% or less capacity, do not expect to be able to stay onboard as long as usual.  The usual time is "everyone off by 10:30", with breakfast scheduled from 6:30 to 8:30.  We just got off the Breeze and had breakfast at 8:00, expecting to take awhile b/c we had the last tag number @ #26.  We finished breakfast around 8:35 and were waiting on Deck 4 for them to call numbers to see where they were on getting to ours.  So, we were surprised when they announced that it was time for all remaining guests to disembark.  So, we hurried to Deck 3, when through the facial recognition/Customs routine, found a porter to get our bags and were waiting outside for our shuttle by around 9:06.   It takes so little time now with fewer passengers and facial recognition, etc.   So, my advise is to not expect to be able to stay on the ship until the very last minute, b/c the very last minute will be much earlier than expected. 😉

• Thanks 1