So...What do they do with the Solstice?

Bruin Steve

They recently canceled our March 2022 Solstice Japan cruise...And we lifted-and-shifted to April 2023...

But, now, we have a huge hole in our cruising calendar...We're on Princess to Mexico October 30, 2021...and our next cruise after that is now August 2022--RCCL Vision in the Med and Summit to Iceland/Greenland.  But that leaves about a ten month gap in our cruise calendar--far too long between cruises.  That March 2022 Japan cruise would have fit nicely in that hole.  I've looked at other cruises in March/April/May that would fit around our other commitments...but nothing really strikes us.  So far, leding possibilities are 1) waiting until June and doing a Bermuda cruise on Summit that would fit after  commitment to be in NY Memorial Day weekend...or 2)  Doing a Pacific Coastal (not really exciting as we live here and can drive to most of the ports and/or have visited all often).

It occurred to me that they now have the Solstice--that was supposed to be in Japan and needs to get to Seattle for the Alaska summer season--apparently doing nothing during that gap between now and May.   Any idea what they will do with it?  I can think of places I would put it...

We are doing a 12 Day Southern Caribbean March 2022 on Silhouette.  We were originally scheduled for that sailing this year but we all know what happened.

We are still booked for 12 Day Best of Southern Japan for November 2022 on Solstice. 

2 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

They recently canceled our March 2022 Solstice Japan cruise...And we lifted-and-shifted to April 2023...

But, now, we have a huge hole in our cruising calendar...We're on Princess to Mexico October 30, 2021...and our next cruise after that is now August 2022--RCCL Vision in the Med and Summit to Iceland/Greenland.  But that leaves about a ten month gap in our cruise calendar--far too long between cruises.  That March 2022 Japan cruise would have fit nicely in that hole.  I've looked at other cruises in March/April/May that would fit around our other commitments...but nothing really strikes us.  So far, leding possibilities are 1) waiting until June and doing a Bermuda cruise on Summit that would fit after  commitment to be in NY Memorial Day weekend...or 2)  Doing a Pacific Coastal (not really exciting as we live here and can drive to most of the ports and/or have visited all often).

It occurred to me that they now have the Solstice--that was supposed to be in Japan and needs to get to Seattle for the Alaska summer season--apparently doing nothing during that gap between now and May.   Any idea what they will do with it?  I can think of places I would put it...

Oh, that I had a cruising calendar!! I hope you get to fill it with something fab. 

I wondered the same thing about the Solstice.

We were on the transpacific (Yokohama - Seattle, originally to Vancouver) on April 24, 2022, which was also cancelled. A quick search shows the next scheduled Solstice sailing being out of Seattle on May 6, 2022. Will she sail from Singapore (current port, although she appears to be at sea at the moment) to Seattle without passengers?

It’s interesting that Holland America will be sailing from Japan to Vancouver end of March and not Celebrity. I have a friend sailing on the Noordam on March 14 around Japan and then heading over to Vancouver. It’s 28 days. Love the Solstice and hopefully it will be sailing soon.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:15 AM, Domicillary said:

We are booked on the Soltice for a 14 night Best of Southern Japan Cruise. We haven't received any cancellation notice.

I would check with your travel agent (if you have one) or directly with Celebrity.  You may have inadvertantly missed the email (either accidently deleted it or it went to the Spam file)...But, if you have a Spring 2022 Asia cruise on Solstice, it was DEFINITELY canceled.  If yours is in fall, however, then it would still be in place.  OTOH, there are no longer ANY 14 night Japan cruises on the schedule...