Liberty of the Seas Return

CruiseChief

7 hours ago, CruiseChief said:

No, it’s not a trick question. The Independence OTS has be sailing the 7 day trips out of Galveston this summer and the Liberty has been in dry dock for repairs.

As I said, Liberty is already in the Galveston area having completed her test sailing - there's no indication she was in dry dock for anything other than routine maintenance. There's no indication she won't sail as scheduled next weekend.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

As I said, Liberty is already in the Galveston area having completed her test sailing - there's no indication she was in dry dock for anything other than routine maintenance. There's no indication she won't sail as scheduled next weekend.

While on test cruise, stateroom attendant told us that they were bringing on new beds (frames and mattresses) before restart of rev cruises.  Nit sure that means all beds or simply replacing those that need replacing.

• Like 2

I hope it’s replacing all of them.  We have found them to be very hard and have actually taken a topper a few times.  I’m sure hard mattresses last longer but they give us hip and shoulder pain as side sleepers.  

I’m happy to hear she passed her test cruise and will be back in service.

Independence is in Galveston right now.   Liberty was in Galveston yesterday and is now back at sea but not sure where she is going.  First revenue sailing is this coming Sunday.  Three weeks later we will be there to board our first cruise since January 2020.  😁😄

Incidentally RCL stock is up today 4.21% meaning the stock market thinks there are better days ahead for RCL and the cruising industry.  Let us hope that comes to happen. 

Edited by satxdiver

46 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I hope it’s replacing all of them.  We have found them to be very hard and have actually taken a topper a few times.  I’m sure hard mattresses last longer but they give us hip and shoulder pain as side sleepers.  

I’m happy to hear she passed her test cruise and will be back in service.

You have my DW’s vote.  She thought they were very, very hard.

• Like 1