Only Early Saver bookings allow for price adjustments?

tallnthensome

I have a cruise to Alaska booked for August 2022. I used a rate code when booking it but it wasn't Early  saver. It was a plan now sail later rate. Price has dropped a little bit. Is it worth calling for a price adjustment or do they only do that for Early Saver bookings? 

Edited by tallnthensome

You can probably get the adjustment, but you need to pay attention to any OBC you have now, and the deposit required.  If either of those are different on the new offer, you could have to pay extra deposit and/or lose OBC.  Only early saver rates can get price matches after final payment date, but your cruise is 11 months away so you should be good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nwcruiselover said:

You can probably get the adjustment, but you need to pay attention to any OBC you have now, and the deposit required.  If either of those are different on the new offer, you could have to pay extra deposit and/or lose OBC.  Only early saver rates can get price matches after final payment date, but your cruise is 11 months away so you should be good.

All offers including deposit and OBC and rate code are the same. Thanks for the info. 

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

I have a cruise to Alaska booked for August 2022. I used a rate code when booking it but it wasn't Early  saver. It was a plan now sail later rate. Price has dropped a little bit. Is it worth calling for a price adjustment or do they only do that for Early Saver bookings? 

I've never booked Early Saver but have seen price drops on my cruises prior to final payment and the price was adjusted.  It wasn't a lot of $$ but it was still a savings.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sgttami said:

I've never booked Early Saver but have seen price drops on my cruises prior to final payment and the price was adjusted.  It wasn't a lot of $$ but it was still a savings.

I had an early saver for 274 (w/$50 deposit and $50 OBC). Special code came out for $174 with $300 deposit and not OBC, cruise is not until January 2022. It did say new bookings only. I did pay in full but way before final. I ended up with total of $160 OBC. Not sure how that was figured out. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, thepla said:

I had an early saver for 274 (w/$50 deposit and $50 OBC). Special code came out for $174 with $300 deposit and not OBC, cruise is not until January 2022. It did say new bookings only. I did pay in full but way before final. I ended up with total of $160 OBC. Not sure how that was figured out. Any ideas?

No idea how some things are figured out.

You can meet 100 different people on a cruise and will find out that everyone paid a different price for the exact  same category/cabin.  Results can vary greatly....lol.