US & Canadian Bookings new clause?

Cruise Junky

Hi..I just happened to find this clause by accident

Domestic and International Reservations  
United States and Canadian Travel Agents may only take bookings for clients from the U.S. and Canada, holding U.S. or Canadian passports. All other international clients must be booked through Travel Agencies within their respective country of residence, as designated on their passport.

is it new? other cruise lines state you need to be a resident. I’ve been a permanent resident of Canada for over 40 years but my passport is UK. I’d be travelling with my Canadian husband. Anyone else have an issue with this?

thanks 

Edited by Cruise Junky

Does your passport show that you reside in Canada?  If it does, then it seems to me you would not have a problem.  In your shoes I would call Oceania and ask.  Or perhaps your travel agent knows the answer.

Good luck!

Mura

• Like 1

Not sure how new this is. Seems to me about 4-5 years back this issue came up. Oceania was running special promotions in mainland Europe and people learned of it and attempted to book through TAs in that country to get the special pricing. A few were successful before O shut it down. I believe a few instances also arose from Aussies trying to use US TAs.

Haven’t our Canadian cruisers sometimes gotten very nice conversion rate deals perhaps making it lucrative to book in Canada in Canadian dollars?

If not already the policy, this puts it in print.

1 hour ago, Cruise Junky said:

It’s only the passport piece I have an issue with. I totally understand the needing to be a resident but I don’t recall it saying you had to book where your passport was from. That’s crazy. 

Maybe call O & clarify

Since you have booked from Canada before  with your DH maybe exceptions are made

JMO

23 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Hi..I just happened to find this clause by accident

Domestic and International Reservations  
United States and Canadian Travel Agents may only take bookings for clients from the U.S. and Canada, holding U.S. or Canadian passports. All other international clients must be booked through Travel Agencies within their respective country of residence, as designated on their passport.

is it new? other cruise lines state you need to be a resident. I’ve been a permanent resident of Canada for over 40 years but my passport is UK. I’d be travelling with my Canadian husband. Anyone else have an issue with this?

thanks 

Not new..and rarely checked..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe call O & clarify

Since you have booked from Canada before  with your DH maybe exceptions are made

JMO

Yes, I messaged them. I have booked, it wasn’t an issue. But no response from my DM yet.  Having the residence is super common but I’ve never seen it based on your passport. That completely caught me off guard. I’m sure it won’t be an issue with Hubby being Canadian. Just odd.  

10 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Yes, I messaged them. I have booked, it wasn’t an issue. But no response from my DM yet.  Having the residence is super common but I’ve never seen it based on your passport. That completely caught me off guard. I’m sure it won’t be an issue with Hubby being Canadian. Just odd.  

Maybe just another CYA clause with O   😉

• Like 1