ArriveCAN

trtog7

45 minutes ago, If only said:

Many thanks to Fouremco & Alberta Cruisers for your help.  I sure would not be wanting to fill all that information in using the wifi on a ship.

As a note, I did mine in August on the last day of the cruise on the ship.  I'm not sure if there is a limit on how long the information is saved in ArriveCan.

1 hour ago, Josie201 said:

I hadn’t been reading this thread very closely but just caught up.  Am thrilled to learn we can do much of this in advance with a fake travel date and then amend it with test result and actual date. Is this correct?   

I went one step further and indicated a negative test result. If it's not negative, I won't be flying and won't need. to submit the form anyway.

Plus I subscribe to the benefits of the power of positive thinking! 😇

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

As a note, I did mine in August on the last day of the cruise on the ship.  I'm not sure if there is a limit on how long the information is saved in ArriveCan.

I believe that until such time as you submit the information, it's saved on your phone, not their servers, and shouldn't be deleted. The only hiccup might be if the app zeroes your saved input when a new version is downloaded. 

11 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I sort of did.  It didn’t seem to save in my phone but maybe it just needs some time to move through the cloud ….   

I suspect that you'll find that, other than whatever backup you might do for your devices, the information you input stays solely on that device and isn't sent to the cloud. Even an iPad and iPhone connected on the same wifi net won't sync the information between the two versions of the app. 

BTW, there is also an online version of the app which I have opened on my MacBook, but it too doesn't sync with the other two.

So, bottom line: if you are going to preload, do so on whichever device you plan to use on disembarkation day.