ArriveCAN

trtog7

28 minutes ago, Froufie said:

May I ask where you have read this?  Which cruise lines?

I have read reviews by people taking Celebrity and Royal cruises.  Some have stated that their vaccination documents were reviewed quite carefully.

I also recently uploaded my vaccine information for an upcoming Celebrity cruise, they wanted the dates of both shots and and upload of the documents.  They ask for the front and back of your vaccination documents (CDC thing) so I contacted Celebrity and explained what I have from Ontario and they confirmed that I should upload the document for each shot instead of the front and back.

• Like 2

Before we left Canada in August all the information I could preload into the ArriveCAN app  was done and after we got our negative results I completed it in our cabin.  Some good videos on YouTube on the process and knowing ahead of time what was required made it much easier for me.

36 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Before we left Canada in August all the information I could preload into the ArriveCAN app  was done and after we got our negative results I completed it in our cabin.  Some good videos on YouTube on the process and knowing ahead of time what was required made it much easier for me.

LOL. I read your post too quickly and thought that you said that "all the information I could preload into the ArriveCAN app was gone". My hearth thumped a little bit more quickly until I reread the sentence.

• Haha 1

For some reason it won't let me add my son's vaccination records. I assume it's because he is 11 (born in 2009 so able to get his shots in Ontario). Hopefully they don't cause a problem when we return, he's vaccinated and shouldn't have to quarantine. I guess we'll see. He might be ok with missing an extra two weeks of school but I am not 😄 

Now that I have booked a cruise I started filling out info on the app.

I was pretty impressed that you can just scan your Nexus card right into the app (sorry being a little geeky about tech).

For those that have cruised did you add your ports of call as other countries visited? Did it create issues when coming back? 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Now that I have booked a cruise I started filling out info on the app.

I was pretty impressed that you can just scan your Nexus card right into the app (sorry being a little geeky about tech).

For those that have cruised did you add your ports of call as other countries visited? Did it create issues when coming back? 

I added all countries our cruise visited and no issues coming back. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

My husband’s name is Jeffery. When I scanned his Nexus card it came out JFFFFRY.  🤨  Took me a while to figure out how to edit that error. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

My husband’s name is Jeffery. When I scanned his Nexus card it came out JFFFFRY.  🤨  Took me a while to figure out how to edit that error. 

Thats not good. Is it possible that is what's on the Nexus card? Or just a weird glitch.

On 10/10/2021 at 6:54 PM, Froufie said:

Thanks for the link  - very helpful.  Where were are you reading that the one OMH document is not sufficient.  Everywhere I am reading, and recent cruisers have all been indicating, that this document was sufficient and acceptable as their proof of vaccination?

When we were checking in for our Princess cruise last month the agent asked to see both vaccine receipts. Oddly, she did not ask to see our negative test results! I would think if you only have one page it will be fine as long as it shows both dates and the name of what you got. 

12 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

When I scanned our passports it changed my wife name by one letter, glad i noticed it , just deleted it and rescanned and was ok, just saying ... be careful and check thoroughly. 

4 minutes ago, archer_310 said:

Our cruise doesn't happen until Oct. 30.  Can I fill out most of the info on the AC app now and finish it after we get the results from the tests at the end of the cruise?

I did that last night and logged in a few times.

Other then the part where you write in what country you got your test from everything else saved.

I did have to put in a fake travel date since it's only sent up for 3 days in advance.

It looks like everything saved.

3 hours ago, archer_310 said:

Our cruise doesn't happen until Oct. 30.  Can I fill out most of the info on the AC app now and finish it after we get the results from the tests at the end of the cruise?

Heck, I'm all filled in for a March cruise! 😇

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, If only said:

Arrive Can only asks for the last foreign country you visited or stayed in, so am I missing something about adding every country visited?

I don't know what version of the app you are using, but mine includes this page and a subsequent page to list all of the countries if you answer YES.

IMG_3114.thumb.jpeg.ee07d97d93df272d5c7be5e5582f9c53.jpeg

I hadn’t been reading this thread very closely but just caught up.  Am thrilled to learn we can do much of this in advance with a fake travel date and then amend it with test result and actual date. Is this correct?   

17 minutes ago, If only said:

I just downloaded the app today.  Only asks for "Last country you stayed in or visited prior to you flight to Canada"   that's it.

That is at the first page. It is a lot further into the process that they ask about other countries.