NEW TO CELEBRITY - REFLECTION CABIN QUESTIONS?

Froufie

Investigating a possible January cruise on the Reflection and looking to pick a verandah cabin - is there any way to know/figure out where the bed/couch is located in a specific cabin?  (yes I have been hunting down videos/images, etc.) . If I called Celebrity would they be able to tell me?

Also my husband has a CPAP machine - we do always bring an extension cord with us - but wondering if there are any outlets next to/behind the bed where this might be plugged in?

Any info greatly appreciated - thanks! 🙂

Edited by Froufie

Go to a site with the Reflection’s deck plans.  Find the symbol that indicates a cabin has a drop down bunk or a sleep sofa (a cabin that sleeps 3 or 4.)  These cabins will always have the bed by the bathroom.  The cabins alternate so the ones on other sides will have bed by the balcony.  Count cabins till you get to yours.

Extension cords are generally not allowed onboard.  You can request the distilled water and a cord ahead of sailing or from your steward once onboard.  Lots and lots of people have them so they’re used to these requests.  There is not a plug behind the bed.  The cord will need to stretch along the floor from the desk to the bed.  Your steward can tape down the cord if you want.

• Like 1

My husband needed a CPAP machine and Celebrity was wonderful. Google Celebrity cruise line special needs form. We did this for every cruise on Celebrity. They provided an approved extension cord, the cabin steward taped it down when necessary and they even supplied distilled water for the CPAP. 

Excellent - and thanks to all for the input - I read about the 'sleeper sofa' cabins having the couch near the balcony so understand the one next it should have the opposite configuration (In fact I found a verandah cabin between two 'dark square' cabins - so pretty sure that would have the bed next to the balcony right? 🙂

As for the CPAP will definitely call and make arrangements for extension cord and distilled water - and will try not to trip on the cord (and I think with the bed at balcony with hubby on left side of bed desk pluggers will be reachable).  I was disappointed to hear tho that the Reflection was not updated and no USB ports next to the bed either! 😞  

21 hours ago, Froufie said:

Excellent - and thanks to all for the input - I read about the 'sleeper sofa' cabins having the couch near the balcony so understand the one next it should have the opposite configuration (In fact I found a verandah cabin between two 'dark square' cabins - so pretty sure that would have the bed next to the balcony right? 🙂

As for the CPAP will definitely call and make arrangements for extension cord and distilled water - and will try not to trip on the cord (and I think with the bed at balcony with hubby on left side of bed desk pluggers will be reachable).  I was disappointed to hear tho that the Reflection was not updated and no USB ports next to the bed either! 😞  

If cabin is on port side then bed will by the balcony. Might be the opposite on the starboard and then bed would be by the bath. 

2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

If cabin is on port side then bed will by the balcony. Might be the opposite on the starboard and then bed would be by the bath. 

Really?  What about the 3-4 person cabins (dark square) - I know those have the bed by the door and they are on both sides of the ship?

3 hours ago, Froufie said:

Really?  What about the 3-4 person cabins (dark square) - I know those have the bed by the door and they are on both sides of the ship?

Port side cabins for 2 have the bed by the balcony. Port side cabins for 4 have the bed by the bath.  This can be verified by the S-class spread sheet and is the reason I will only book port side cabins to ensure when I'm lying in bed, my body is moving forward like driving a car.  

I think starboard might be the reverse.   

• Like 1