Online check in

Pearl64

For those of you who have done this, could you give me some guidance? We are on Riviera November 7 cruise and online checkin is fast approaching. We need to get to the shuttle, hopefully the Nice airport instead of the Fairmont in Monte Carlo. We have no idea of the time of the shuttle so how can we pick a time to arrive in Marseille as it is 3 hours away. The ship does not sail until 11:00 pm. We do not want to do this in the dark. Does Oceania just assign times based on cabin level or what? Also, Oceania says we need to pick up the shuttle in Monte Carlo instead of Nice because we are coming in early and not using Oceania hotels. We are trying to get that changed. Trains are out as we will have luggage for a month! I understand the need for all this. I just would like some direction on how to navigate. Thank you in advance.

57 minutes ago, Pearl64 said:

For those of you who have done this, could you give me some guidance? We are on Riviera November 7 cruise and online checkin is fast approaching. We need to get to the shuttle, hopefully the Nice airport instead of the Fairmont in Monte Carlo. We have no idea of the time of the shuttle so how can we pick a time to arrive in Marseille as it is 3 hours away. The ship does not sail until 11:00 pm. We do not want to do this in the dark. Does Oceania just assign times based on cabin level or what? Also, Oceania says we need to pick up the shuttle in Monte Carlo instead of Nice because we are coming in early and not using Oceania hotels. We are trying to get that changed. Trains are out as we will have luggage for a month! I understand the need for all this. I just would like some direction on how to navigate. Thank you in advance.

I have no answer for your exact question since we have never found O air/transfers to be useful. 
That said, you may want to compare the cost with what private transfers you can find on an airport transfer search engine website like Mozio.com.

As for O transfer pickup tines/spots, either your TA or you should call O and ask for the “air department” and get the straight info about what YOU should do for YOUR specific situation. They may ease your angst with assurance that you will receive a detailed email soon. Nonetheless, bug them nicely for the info now. And have that private transfer info (from Mozio or a Trip Advisor search) handy as a backup. 

Friends trying to get this same info for October 28 transfer fro Marco Polo Airport in Venice have been told the info will be availability 14 days prior so November 7 people have a little wait for an answer. Your idea to get their own transfer at least keeps control in their hands albeit with a cost.  
See  everyone on board Riviera, soon pending a negative Covid test or two or three or… along the way.

Mauibabes. 

What has typically happened in the past is:

1. your flight and arrival information are provided to Oceania. We do this via our TA, others I suppose do it themselves.

2. An Oceania rep meets you either at baggage claim or outside of customs depending upon country entered.

3. If Oceania has other arrivals within a time slot, you are taken to a bus or van where you wait for those other parties to arrive.

4. If Oceania doesn’t have other arrivals they put you in a taxi or van and off you go. 

You won’t know whether #3 or #4 applies until you arrive.

Thanks. This shuttle is to be complimentary as Oceania changed the port from Monte Carlo to Marseille. We booked our own air as we are flying in a couple of days early and did not change our air. My TA was able to get the transfer to the Nice airport. We just need to be there in the am. Yes, I know we could do our own transfer but it is pricey getting to Marseille. Oceania never asked for our flight arrangements as they did not need to know them due to our coming in early. With all the flight uncertainty we thought it best to handle our own. If we miss embarkation, we lose the cruise according to EU Covid rules. Hopefully we will get some direction from O soon. I don’t know how Oceania decides the times one appears at the ship. I knew prior to Covid but that has changed a lot of things.

Yes. It is with your booking online. This has occurred with the post Covid sailings. One has to complete it from 21 days to 3 before sailing. It contains your boarding pass plus all requirements such as vaccination card. Basically it includes what we normally would do upon embarkation. One also has to take a selfie as well. This is all new which is the reason for my questions. 

7 minutes ago, Pearl64 said:

Yes. It is with your booking online. This has occurred with the post Covid sailings. One has to complete it from 21 days to 3 before sailing. It contains your boarding pass plus all requirements such as vaccination card. Basically it includes what we normally would do upon embarkation. One also has to take a selfie as well. This is all new which is the reason for my questions. 

Ahh, that explains why I didn't think I'd ever done it in the last 10 years. Thanks for the explanation. I guess a lot of us old dogs will have to learn some new tricks. 

• Haha 1