Oosterdam Dining Times

richcrow

I'm confused. Some posters are still referring to leasure dining on the Oosterdam with only two dining times being offered. We are sailing on Oosterdam to Alaska on May 27th and were offered four dining times just like on all other HAL ships. Can someone help straighten me out?

Thanks,

Richard

Well, right now they're doing a dining experiment on the Oosterdam. As of two weeks ago, the 'early' dining time allowed people on both levels of the dining room to arrive between 5:30 and 6pm. The late seating guests are invited to arrive anywhere between 8 and 9pm.

I don't know if they'll be continuing the experiment into Alaska with them, though. It could be just an experiment while the ship sails Mexico. Personally, I didn't find it disruptive - I arrived every evening at 8pm, just like I would have if the times were fixed.

Hope that helps!

We came in on the Oosterdam this morning. The backup generator needed to be replaced. They picked it up at another pier in San Diego very early this morning. Perhaps they're still working on that.

Had a great trip. I'll post some comments, probably tomorrow.

We did the Oosterdam in November and had been very concerned about the change in the dining times and whether that would mean we wouldn't always be seated at the same table with the same waiter. It was a lot of worry for nothing. True, we could go in to dinner pretty much when we wanted to within the time limits but our table was always waiting for us. It helped we were only at a table for four and were traveling companions with our dinner mates. Otherwise it might not have worked as well.

Archived