Premium Package, is it worthwhile?

Just now, 2BACRUISER said:

It certainly made it worthwhile for us as 2 bottles wine usually racks upto £50-£60 per night, then pre dinner drinks and going to club after show 🍻🥂🍾 lol 

Looking forward to  our cruise in November, even more than I already  was

• Like 1

Just got back yesterday from Ex2 . We didn’t bother with premium package as we are happy with the Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Grigio which is available in the main dining room, Flutes, Indigo and Squids. Avoid like the plague house wine on pool deck or at the entrance to the Theatre as it is truly foul. The standard drinks included Tanqueray Gin which I had one or two of and also had quite a few Cosmopolitan cocktails and Proseccos. 

• Like 2

We always have the 'normal' package, as we aren't coffee drinkers, and find it Ok for our needs. Compared to all inclusive hotels in places like Benidorm, the standard package is like 'Premium' 😂

As a heads up for those who take it, I have just looked at a B2B 14 nights Dec 2022, and it shows Premium drinks package will then be £280, as opposed to £240 currently.

• 3 weeks later...

Went on Discovery in October and the drinks menus are much reduced from those published by EmmaCruises in the link posted previously. Still a totally acceptable variety of choices however.

Premium Package was available to upgrade to on a daily basis - minimum 3 days

Speaking to those who had upgraded - one did because he only drank strongbow dark fruits and that was only available on the upgrade, another liked the idea of drinking Grey Goose Vodka with her Cokes!

Personally we felt even the restricted menu had plenty of choice for those on standard package - it was probably only the coffees that we missed - but we drank Irish, Gaelic and Caribbean Coffees from the bars instead !! (and perhaps on occasion, a Prosecco instead of a Coffee!)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Very helpful this as want to get the package and wasn’t sure I had to book it when I book the holiday. Just me and my wife will be getting it and not my kids as they only drink water. 

Edited by dazlight

40 minutes ago, dazlight said:

Very helpful this as want to get the package and wasn’t sure I had to book it when I book the holiday. Just me and my wife will be getting it and not my kids as they only drink water. 

Think you will find all party members have to take it out its a lesser amount for children, don't know the age restrictions. 

• Thanks 1