Vaccination proof

Liverpoollovely

Hi,

My family and I are so excited to start cruising again. We are from the UK and are due out on 28th February 2022. 

In the UK we have an App which has our vaccination status on this, we can print off from the app and we have had written cards of proof of having the vaccination and booster vaccination - will this be an exception or will a letter from our doctor be also required? 

thank you for any input anyone can provide 

From Carnival's website:

https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols

Proof of vaccination, as follows, will be required at the terminal in advance of boarding:

• Original vaccination record issued by the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (i.e., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). Copies or photos are not accepted.
  • A digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code acceptable), a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email accepted), a personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record is also acceptable.
  • The name and birth date on the vaccination record must match the guest’s travel documents and show the guest is fully vaccinated. The vaccination dates must indicate the guest has completed the required doses no later than 14 days prior to the sailing date. This means that on embarkation day, a minimum of 15 days must have passed since the final dose was received. Vaccine type, dates administered, and lot numbers must be clearly visible.
We recommend guests have the contact information (email and phone) immediately available of the healthcare provider or clinic site that issued the certificate, in order to validate the vaccination if needed. A vaccination registry site may also be used.

Guests are strongly encouraged to review their vaccination records and ensure they meet our standards, as well as have proof of their negative COVID-19 test result, prior to traveling to the cruise terminal to prevent a situation where they may not be able to cruise or be eligible for a refund.

For cruises departing the U.S., the CDC requires both vaccines in a 2-dose series to be of the same type. They also accept mixing mRNA vaccines only (Pfizer and Moderna). No other vaccine combination meets the criteria to be considered fully vaccinated. For example, Canadian or other international guests who received a combination of AstraZeneca and Pfizer are considered unvaccinated by the CDC. Guests who are not fully vaccinated according to these criteria will be considered unvaccinated and will need to follow the applicable vaccination exemption requirements.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

The vaccine place actually reversed my husband's first and middle name on his card (don't know why he didn't notice at the time!) We did not have a problem when we boarded the Mardi Gras last September. There is also a DOB so they must figure the odds of using someone else's card that has the same birthday and almost the exact same name are very remote.

In the beginning it was very chaotic getting the vaccines so I bet a lot of mistakes happened. I think he got an all new card when he got the booster though.

20 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Maybe check your medical insurance portal. We can get a print out of ours with a QR code to use instead of the original hand-written card.

Good suggestion. I forgot we actually did that as well in case there was a problem (Virginia did not have QR codes at the time so that would not have been sufficient alone). 

Guess I won't worry about it too much then. Just this is my first cruise ( March 5 ) since they started back up and sure as heck don't want a small technicality to stop me from boarding. I have a QR code too so fingers crossed it will be smooth sailing. 😀