Port Canaveral Hotel & cruise parking package

njship3

We'll be driving over from the FL panhandle for a 12/5/21 cruise on Harmony - looking to see if anyone has recently done a hotel with a cruise parking package in the Port Canaveral area.  Any recommendations appreciated!

We always stay at the Radisson Resort at the Port.  It's very close and offers cruise parking packages.  We have our car as we take the Auto Train, but we park at the port.  We used the Radisson park and cruise once in 2005 and always stay there and said nope, easier to drive to the port and park.  There are a few hotels in the area and at least one parking lot that offers it.  As Biker said, check the east coast departure section.  There's a whole Florida forum.  We'll be at the Radisson again at the end of Nov for our HOTS cruise.  We've stayed there 7 or 8 times and really like the location and hotel.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, njship3 said:

We'll be driving over from the FL panhandle for a 12/5/21 cruise on Harmony - looking to see if anyone has recently done a hotel with a cruise parking package in the Port Canaveral area.  Any recommendations appreciated!

We’re your neighbor over in Gulf Breeze-My only regret is it must be the only place to live in Florida that seems like it’s a million miles from any FL port! We are heading to Canaveral in a couple of weeks for a quick jaunt on Independence and have booked the Park and Cruise package at Radisson resort at the port. I booked directly with the hotel, not the 1-800 number and used my Radisson rewards number for a discount. They won’t charge your card til you get there and the cancellation is allowed up until the day before. I will report back and let you know how it goes. 😊

Edited by zanydoc

14 minutes ago, zanydoc said:

We’re your neighbor over in Gulf Breeze-My only regret is it must be the only place to live in Florida that seems like it’s a million miles from any FL port! We are heading to Canaveral in a couple of weeks for a quick jaunt on Independence and have booked the Park and Cruise package at Radisson resort at the port. I booked directly with the hotel, not the 1-800 number and used my Radisson rewards number for a discount. They won’t charge your card til you get there and the cancellation is allowed up until the day before. I will report back and let you know how it goes. 😊

Thanks for the info neighbor - & I agree about being far away from a port - wish Mobile could get a Royal Ship!  Looking forward to hearing how your park & cruise works out - & enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, njship3 said:

Thanks for the info neighbor - & I agree about being far away from a port - wish Mobile could get a Royal Ship!  Looking forward to hearing how your park & cruise works out - & enjoy your cruise!

I know, right? Even a little RC ship would be fine. We are actually considering going on the Carnival Sensation for a quickie out of Mobile around February-Gasp! We basically always sail RC but did try Carnival out of New Orleans a few years back and it was pretty fun. And very different, but mostly in a good way.

• Haha 1

We always do the package now in Port Canaveral.  We stay at the Residence Inn Cocoa Beach.  Their shuttle comes are 11 am.  We just did it a few weeks ago so that's what it was then.  On the Florida Departures board there are other suggestions.  There's a Homewood Suites that a lot of people like and it's across the street from the Residence.  Country Inn and Suites also has a park and cruise option.  Radisson at the Port is another favorite of many.  It's such an easy option.  When you disembark and have your luggage, call the number on the card they give you and they will direct you to the shuttle back to the hotel.  When we disembarked we were in our car and on the way home at 8:30.  

Edited by torpeedo
  • Like 2

I searched and found a site that listed all the stay and park options in the Canaveral area. Literally 18 minutes from the space center now, staying at Best Western Titusville tonight, boarding Mariner noon tomorrow.  Will report back on the experience. 

• Like 2

I searched and found a site that listed all the stay and park options in the Canaveral area. Literally 18 minutes from the space center now, staying at Best Western Titusville tonight, boarding Mariner noon tomorrow.  Will report back on the experience. 

Horrible experience so far! Hotel was so bad we had to find another. Great difficulty finding GoPort parking based on the address they gave us. And now….waiting endlessly to be picked up to be taken to the port praying the cruise goes much better than the stress mess of the last day. 

On 10/22/2021 at 10:04 AM, ljk76 said:

Horrible experience so far! Hotel was so bad we had to find another. Great difficulty finding GoPort parking based on the address they gave us. And now….waiting endlessly to be picked up to be taken to the port praying the cruise goes much better than the stress mess of the last day. 

Now waiting endlessly for van to return us to the parking lot. I personally would avoid GoPort. We wonder if perhaps their volume is so low that it isn’t efficient right now. I wish we had investigated parking at the port.  On a happier note…our cruise was incredible!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Neighbor, Njship3 in  Navarre! I’m reporting back about our cruise-n-Park package from Radisson resort at the port. It was a good experience. The hotel is a little older, but it was clean and well maintained. The beds were comfy and the pool area was great! The parking was easy. They give you a colored parking pass to put in your window for the length of your cruise. It’s not gated or anything like that, but it’s in what feels like a safe area adjacent to the hotel. I made shuttle reservations the week before, And when we arrived at the hotel they gave me a little sheet with the shuttle pass to the port and at the bottom was another for the return trip. The hotel is about 5 minutes from the port. It looked as though you could just book this parking separately as well, because there were several people on our return shuttle that hadn’t stayed there, just drove in and parked/paid for there. I would recommend this hotel and the package as well. Hope this helps and happy cruising!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 11:47 AM, zanydoc said:

I know, right? Even a little RC ship would be fine. We are actually considering going on the Carnival Sensation for a quickie out of Mobile around February-Gasp! We basically always sail RC but did try Carnival out of New Orleans a few years back and it was pretty fun. And very different, but mostly in a good way.

Zanydoc you might enjoy the tiny Carnival Sensation. I love Fantasy class ships for the aft adults only Serenity area. 

I looked at Radisson. Not a bad price. I like that they don’t charges as much for a shorter cruise. We splurged on a balcony though. So we decided to book a cheap hotel up by Titusville and use Cruisetime Parking on Merrit Island. 

• Like 1