Cruise transfer La Guardia to Manhattan

Bigbob7777

Has anyone used NCL’s ground transfer from LGA to the port?  If so, where do you catch the vehicle and how do you know which one to take?  Do they meet in baggage claim, etc?  Very little info included in my docs.  We are on the Breakaway on Nov 7th.

bob

9 hours ago, Bigbob7777 said:

Has anyone used NCL’s ground transfer from LGA to the port?  If so, where do you catch the vehicle and how do you know which one to take?  Do they meet in baggage claim, etc?  Very little info included in my docs.  We are on the Breakaway on Nov 7th.

bob

Yes, there will be NCL reps in the baggage claim area to help you and point you in the right direction.  Easy peasy.

Just a warning, traffic has been horrendous. We had a reprieve during Covid, and now that school is back in session my morning commute doubled and is over 90mins each way. Hopefully you're not flying in during rush hour or you'll be sitting on our lovely highways instead of enjoying the sites the city has to offer.

On 10/22/2021 at 6:15 PM, Sailing12Away said:

Just a warning, traffic has been horrendous ... 

This and lately, generally speaking for the Tri-State NY area - I agree and concur.  OP is sailing on a Sunday and arriving in the morning of, where traffic is typically lighter and typically not too bad. 

But, MARATHON alert - it's the return of the world famous NYC Marathon Sunday, where traffic restrictions, road closures and detours are in force from early AM until, depending, late afternoon and into the evening.  NCL's bus partner(s) has been doing this over the years and they are familiar with the protocols, drills and how best to avoid with the bypass in going around.  Memo to OP,  just sit back and relax, and pack patience for the trip from LGA to Pier 88 - since you ARE using NCL bus transfer, the ship will hold and wait for your coach's arrival if delayed ... they won't sail with you & others onboard the motor coach.  We've sailed and watched on deck as the pier agents waited, and processed the late arrivals - with daylight savings time changing, it's beautiful sailing at sunset down the Hudson, pass the SOL and under the VZ Bridge out to sea.  Have a safe, healthy and happy cruise - enjoy !! 

• Like 2

We opted for NCL transfer for our December cruise. Here is what our CC shared with us: Need to be at airport by 9:30 am to board bus @ 10 am over to cruise terminal. Meet NCL rep at Delta terminal area baggage claim. 
Note: We are flying in a day early. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Goldconnection
Update

3 hours ago, Goldconnection said:

We opted for NCL transfer for our December cruise. Here is what our CC shared with us: Need to be at airport by 9:30 am to board bus @ 10 am over to cruise terminal. Meet NCL rep at Delta terminal area baggage claim. 
Note: We are flying in a day early. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi Goldconnection,

My cruise is not until September 2022.  I too plan to fly in a day early.  I've already booked at the Comfort Inn Laguardia Airport hotel and was planning on using Dial777 for transport to the ship.  What hotel are you planning to stay at and what was the price of the transfer.  I don't seem to find it on NCL website.

Thanks,  happytotravel

Hi Again Goldconnection,

I just checked with NCL about the transfer price.  She told me it's $37.50US or about $47.00Can. which is great.  I will be using the transfer so I'll take the hotel shuttle back to the airport as well.

Glad that I read your message.  Have a great day.

happytotravel

8 hours ago, happytotravel said:

Hi Goldconnection,

My cruise is not until September 2022.  I too plan to fly in a day early.  I've already booked at the Comfort Inn Laguardia Airport hotel and was planning on using Dial777 for transport to the ship.  What hotel are you planning to stay at and what was the price of the transfer.  I don't seem to find it on NCL website.

Thanks,  happytotravel

We are booked at the Hampton Inn-LaGuardia Airport. The transfers were $37.50pp. We are arriving a day early and the hotel will pick us up at the airport. On cruise day we will take the hotel’s van back to the airport to board the NCL bus/van. I actually called my NCL CC and he added it to our trip. I looked into Uber and Lyft but we opted for NCL. Figured if there were any issues getting to the port we will be covered with NCL. Hope this helps. 

2 hours ago, happytotravel said:

Hi Again Goldconnection,

I just checked with NCL about the transfer price.  She told me it's $37.50US or about $47.00Can. which is great.  I will be using the transfer so I'll take the hotel shuttle back to the airport as well.

Glad that I read your message.  Have a great day.

happytotravel

Our email crossed. Glad my email was helpful.