Unlimited Dining Package Question

smokeykat

Thinking about trying the unlimited dining package for our Oasis Of The Seas August 5th cruise. I see it is unlimited in the speciality restaurants but does this also apply to Vintages tapas menu? Anyone know if this is this is included in the a la carte pricing?

Has anyone tried the tapas menu and your thoughts please 🙂

• Unlimited visits to speciality dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days. 
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20.
  • Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, which will be charged onboard.
  •  

Thanks!

Just as a side note. The pricing at Vintages for the small plates is quite reasonable. They have things like 8 small plates and a desert for like 18 bucks.. It's a crazy amount of food for a very reasonable price.

• Like 1

OK it would have be nice if that was included. I have the 3 night speciality restaurant package booked now but I am just trying to figure out if this unlimited package was really worth the price. Maybe on Black Friday there will be more of a discount as an enticement 😉

Thanks!

I guess it really depends how much you eat. I enjoy the unlimited dining package because it gives you the freedom to go have an appetizer at one place, dinner at another, and dessert somewhere else. And during the day you can stop and have a snack somewhere like Izumi.....I find it very worth the money!!!

On 11/1/2021 at 7:23 PM, katemack said:

And during the day you can stop and have a snack somewhere like Izumi.....I find it very worth the money!!!

I am very confused by your comment regarding a snack.  I have had the  UDP for several years and at no time were snacks included.  What is included is dinner daily and lunch on sea days.  Are you considering lunch a snack?

4 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I am very confused by your comment regarding a snack.  I have had the  UDP for several years and at no time were snacks included.  What is included is dinner daily and lunch on sea days.  Are you considering lunch a snack?

What people consider a snack is stopping by at Sushi to see if they can accommodate at say 5pm before a 630 show or activity.  Eat some sushi but not a full meal using the 35.00 or less. But still having a reservation at day Chops at 9pm that they hit after a show. That type of thing. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, katemack said:

yes what binro01 said!! We eat dinner late (after 7pm) so my "snack" may happen at 4 or 5pm......

I now understand,  and I guess I don't eat between lunch and dinner, I wouldn't have considered sushi a snack.  I'd have considered it a meal, lol.

• 3 months later...
On 11/1/2021 at 6:50 PM, binro01 said:

Just as a side note. The pricing at Vintages for the small plates is quite reasonable. They have things like 8 small plates and a desert for like 18 bucks.. It's a crazy amount of food for a very reasonable price.

Just discovered the tapas option at Vintages on another posting. Looking at the menu in the app for our Allure cruise in April and very impressed. The salami shrimp  and scallop skewers, crab croquettes, paella, croquetas, and Serrano ham and Manchego  cheese sandwich are on my list to try.

Do not usually pay extra for food, but $18 for 8 for select tapas with free dessert sounds very reasonable to me. Don't remember this option on Harmony which was my only Oasis class cruise prior to our April cruise. More excited than I was originally after discovering this option. Getting more hungry as type....

Edited by coaster

On 11/1/2021 at 7:23 PM, katemack said:

I guess it really depends how much you eat. I enjoy the unlimited dining package because it gives you the freedom to go have an appetizer at one place, dinner at another, and dessert somewhere else. And during the day you can stop and have a snack somewhere like Izumi.....I find it very worth the money!!!

We purchased the UDP for an upcoming cruise.  They charge gratuities when you purchase the package.  Is it customary to leave another tip when you have your meals?

2 hours ago, arste said:

We purchased the UDP for an upcoming cruise.  They charge gratuities when you purchase the package.  Is it customary to leave another tip when you have your meals?

We always leave an additional tip, we've had wonderful service.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arste said:

We usually leave a extra tip. The servers in specialty only get a couple of dollars from the prepaid grats, most of the 18% goes into the ship pool.