Anybody Bought Binax Tests Good For 2022 Recently?

helen haywood

23 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I bought tests last month for a cruise this month.  They expire January 5, 2022.  I have another cruise after that date.  Has anyone bought tests this month with an expiration date later than this?

I bought them 3 weeks ago nd the expiration in in January 2022.

I just bought the Binax Now with AG Card from Emed yesterday (the Six Pack), and their site said that these are now good AT LEAST through February 1, 2022, perhaps longer. We have a January 2nd cruise, so I was very happy to see that they are now selling tests with extended expiration dates.

I (also) ordered a 6 pack from emed on Thursday and got them on Friday (yesterday).  The expire date printed on the box is 8Nov21.  So, they are only good thru 8Feb21.

I view it as cheap insurance to have them quickly available and don't mind if some go unused.  Just glad to have them back in stock.

Edited by pretzlaff
  • Like 2

I ordered through the OptumStore through the link provided by Celebrity. Expiration on the box is September 2021, so it will still be good for my cruise in November, but not much past that.

13 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

I got mine today.  Check #4.  It says expiration dates have been extended for an entire year as per the FDA

16364060134367101067021148713756.jpg

As noted, the expiration has not been extended BY a year. It's been extended TO a year after the manufacture date. 

• Like 1

I bought a 6-pack yesterday and was advised clearly that the tests were only guaranteed through the end of January 2022.  The actual test kits I received may have a later expiration date, but they only guaranteed they'd be good until the end of January.

57 minutes ago, ShawninFL said:

I bought a 6-pack yesterday and was advised clearly that the tests were only guaranteed through the end of January 2022.  The actual test kits I received may have a later expiration date, but they only guaranteed they'd be good until the end of January.

where did uoi buy them from and who told you that?

6 minutes ago, ShawninFL said:

I bought them at emed.com.  They tell you in the buying process before you enter your payment information.

I'm fairly certain the do it at home monitored test kits that everyone has been discussing are the ones that Celebrity endorses on their website. 

1 minute ago, Guppy99 said:

I'm fairly certain the do it at home monitored test kits that everyone has been discussing are the ones that Celebrity endorses on their website. 

These are those.  You're just buying them directly from the manufacturer instead of through Celebrity's portal to Optum.  I assure you these are the ones, as we just used them for our cruise on Edge that returned this past Saturday.

Wait, what?  Obviously I am out of the loop....you can use home tests before boarding?  I thought the ship provided them??  Can someone give me the basic "rules"?

Our next cruise isn't until May so I may not have to worry about it.