Any recent experience carrying soft drinks on?

tabprincess

Its in the passenger contract.  There is a sample on the Princess website, but you can check yours in your cruise personalizer.  

https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.html

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tabprincess said:

I have always carried on some soft drinks and am wondering if anyone has done so recently?  I thought I read somewhere that you cannot bring any plastic bottles any longer, but I can't find the reference anymore.  

I was wondering the same thing.   Is it being enforced???   So we can not give our soft drinks in a box ( marked & tagged) to give to the porters with our checked luggage?????          Just seems  kind of awkward & heavy the way they want you to do it now.  ???      Do they think the porters @ the terminal are over worked or the ship’s crew??????

5 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

We (two of us) took 2 - 12 packs of Coke cans on board with us when we boarded the Emerald in San Pedro on 10/16. 
no issues whatsoever. 

Did you do it as a carry-on & carry them on yourself or  with checked luggage & given to the porters @ the terminal??? 
Either way thanks for letting us know,

Grace 

5 hours ago, tabprincess said:

I have always carried on some soft drinks and am wondering if anyone has done so recently?  I thought I read somewhere that you cannot bring any plastic bottles any longer, but I can't find the reference anymore.  

Bringing my Mountain Dew 12 Pack Cans on board the Enchanted in 5 days....

Cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, asingl said:

On the Grand Princess right now. Checked in a dozen sodas and a dozen Arrowhead water bottles. Packed them all in a suitcase and stapled a luggage tag on!

Did they make you go to the naughty room to pick up that suitcase.  I thought we were not  supposed  to check in or give to the porter those canned soft drinks, like we have always done in the past.  
   Thanks for letting me know.  We will do the same 😛

8 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

Did you do it as a carry-on & carry them on yourself or  with checked luggage & given to the porters @ the terminal??? 
Either way thanks for letting us know,

Grace 

We never give anything to the porters. We are strictly carry on/off. Each of the 2 -12 packs were attached to our luggage with bungee cords. One 12 pack on hers and one 12 pack on mine. Went through the x-ray as 4 separate items (2 suitcases and 2 drink packages). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Bringing my Mountain Dew 12 Pack Cans on board the Enchanted in 5 days....

Cheers

On our last B2B, we brought on board with us 4 -12 pack cans of Coke. 2 for each segment. No one batted an eye. I had our itinerary out to prove the B2B sailing if anyone wanted to inquire. No one did. 

3 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

We never give anything to the porters. We are strictly carry on/off. Each of the 2 -12 packs were attached to our luggage with bungee cords. One 12 pack on hers and one 12 pack on mine. Went through the x-ray as 4 separate items (2 suitcases and 2 drink packages). 

Okay, thanks for posting 👌

1 hour ago, Ronnieslady said:

Did they make you go to the naughty room to pick up that suitcase.  I thought we were not  supposed  to check in or give to the porter those canned soft drinks, like we have always done in the past.  
   Thanks for letting me know.  We will do the same 😛

Oh! I completely forgot. Nope! I just checked it right in and it came directly to my room!