Another Newbie

emckeeve

Just booked January 4 Riviera.  Our last and only Oceania cruise was in 2011 in Asia on the Nautica.  So I guess I'm considered a newbie.  Many questions were answered on this forum, so thank you.  Two questions remain.  If we choose the 6 free excursions (3 each) are we limited to certain excursions.  I looked at the web site and there are all kinds of symbols.  Are "Oceania Select" (OS) the ones we can choose? If not, which ones?  Also, I see there is a new "bring on board" wine/spirits policy.  Really?  6 bottles of wine in addition to spirits (in my husband's case vodka)?  I would like to verify that.  Thanks in advance.

18 minutes ago, emckeeve said:

Just booked January 4 Riviera.  Our last and only Oceania cruise was in 2011 in Asia on the Nautica.  So I guess I'm considered a newbie.  Many questions were answered on this forum, so thank you.  Two questions remain.  If we choose the 6 free excursions (3 each) are we limited to certain excursions.  I looked at the web site and there are all kinds of symbols.  Are "Oceania Select" (OS) the ones we can choose? If not, which ones?  Also, I see there is a new "bring on board" wine/spirits policy.  Really?  6 bottles of wine in addition to spirits (in my husband's case vodka)?  I would like to verify that.  Thanks in advance.

You can choose any of the excursions  for the O Life perk that  do NOT  have the letter after them eg OS WT  are not part of the free ones

Scroll down in the T &C's  for the rules  on the free excursions

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

Yes  you can take spirits onboard for in CABIN  consumption

you can take a case of wine  if you choose  for in cabin or take a bottle to a dining venue where you will pay the corkage fee  $25 per bottle

Almost newbie, lots of good news. Your Free Excursions are any under $200. Since you are hauling your own liquor store, the Free Excursions O Life amenity package is your best value. If you book enough excursions to qualify for the Your World offer, then you will get a 25% discount off your tours, including those costing over $200. 

Yes, you can bring some wine or alcohol on board without any issues. Any alcohol you bring aboard should be consumed in your stateroom. Wine can be brought to the restaurants and you will be charged a $25 Corkage fee.  Depending on your stateroom level, you may also receive a bottle of wine and/or Champagne or if in a top suite (Owners, Vista or Oceania) , multiple bottles of alcohol or wine. Happy hours daily with 2 for 1’s and 2-3 Oceania sponsored parties with free drinks might assist your packing decisions. Anywhere along the port calls you can add more adult beverages to your personal liquor store in your room. 

Welcome back to Oceania, you will enjoy yourselves.  We are toughing out 46 days aboard her getting Riviera back to Miami for you to sail. 
Ciao,  Mauibabes 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Almost newbie, lots of good news. Your Free Excursions are any under $200. Since you are hauling your own liquor store, the Free Excursions O Life amenity package is your best value. If you book enough excursions to qualify for the Your World offer, then you will get a 25% discount off your tours, including those costing over $200. 

Yes, you can bring some wine or alcohol on board without any issues. Any alcohol you bring aboard should be consumed in your stateroom. Wine can be brought to the restaurants and you will be charged a $25 Corkage fee.  Depending on your stateroom level, you may also receive a bottle of wine and/or Champagne or if in a top suite (Owners, Vista or Oceania) , multiple bottles of alcohol or wine. Happy hours daily with 2 for 1’s and 2-3 Oceania sponsored parties with free drinks might assist your packing decisions. Anywhere along the port calls you can add more adult beverages to your personal liquor store in your room. 

Welcome back to Oceania, you will enjoy yourselves.  We are toughing out 46 days aboard her getting Riviera back to Miami for you to sail. 
Ciao,  Mauibabes 

Also a newbie, never having cruised with Oceania before, but I think the $200 maximum for the free OLife excursions might have changed. We just booked our shore excursions for an upcoming Sept 2022 Baltic cruise and the four that we chose were valued at $261 x2, $234 and $221 ( my DW and I are doing both so 8 per cabin ). We had 3 others valued at $156 so the 4 most expensive were used. We called an Oceania consultant to confirm this and they even booked them for us while on the phone. Same total cost as what I figured. I should add that the funds are in Canadian currency, but even with the horrendous exchange rate it's still over $200. 

Hope this helps, happy cruising!

3 hours ago, isnowman said:

Also a newbie, never having cruised with Oceania before, but I think the $200 maximum for the free OLife excursions might have changed. We just booked our shore excursions for an upcoming Sept 2022 Baltic cruise and the four that we chose were valued at $261 x2, $234 and $221 ( my DW and I are doing both so 8 per cabin ). We had 3 others valued at $156 so the 4 most expensive were used. We called an Oceania consultant to confirm this and they even booked them for us while on the phone. Same total cost as what I figured. I should add that the funds are in Canadian currency, but even with the horrendous exchange rate it's still over $200. 

Hope this helps, happy cruising!

The rule is not based on the dollar amount but on having letters after them, OS, CD, WT etc.  It just so happens that the unlettered excursions are under $200 USD. I suspect that the exchange rate is the reason excursions price being higher than the typical $200 USD

• Like 2

Heading to the Western Carib next month, chose the free excursions option. We had the same experience as isnowman: our most expensive, non-OS excursions were the free ones; the rest were discounted by 25%. Though there's been a cascade of cancelled tours... okay, only our excursions in 2 ports--so far! So those OS are looking tempting. But will we also get 25% off those? Guessing not.

1 hour ago, sofietucker said:

Heading to the Western Carib next month, chose the free excursions option. We had the same experience as isnowman: our most expensive, non-OS excursions were the free ones; the rest were discounted by 25%. Though there's been a cascade of cancelled tours... okay, only our excursions in 2 ports--so far! So those OS are looking tempting. But will we also get 25% off those? Guessing not.

As long as you have the minimum number booked with O, you get 25% off EVERY O-shorex, even the super-duper spendy ones.

3 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

As long as you have the minimum number booked with O, you get 25% off EVERY O-shorex, even the super-duper spendy ones.

The private car or mini bus tour option does not qualify for the 25% though from what we were told.

17 hours ago, noelmarie said:

The private car or mini bus tour option does not qualify for the 25% though from what we were told.

You are right.  The Executive Collection tours do not get the 25% reduction.

On 11/6/2021 at 6:38 PM, noelmarie said:

Oops, sorry. There are no Executive car options during the cruise that sofie and I are on. I started to write my earlier response specifically for sofie, and when I tried to generalize it...failed miserably. Thanks for the correction!

• Like 1