Covid Retesting during cruising

trtog7

1 hour ago, trtog7 said:

Is there a website that will give good list of which ones do what

Sorry for the spelling error in title

None that I am aware of. I think most do. But if you look on the boards for the cruise lines you are considering, I am sure it is being discussed.

• Host Kat changed the title to Covid Retesting during cruising

On 11/7/2021 at 10:16 AM, trtog7 said:

... Sorry for the spelling error in title

@trtog7

Howdy! emo22.gif

No problem. Your title has been edited.

Host Kat emo32.gif

Carnival, Celebrity, and Norwegian all do not test during the cruise unless it's required by the itinerary. They require a pre-boarding test. I am sure there are others that test often during the cruise but I don't know of any other than Viking. I personally, would not book a cruise that tested several times during the cruise. The last thing you want during or towards the end of your cruise is a positive covid test that gets you quarantined in your cabin and then unable to return home after the cruise. 

34 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

I personally, would not book a cruise that tested several times during the cruise. The last thing you want during or towards the end of your cruise is a positive covid test that gets you quarantined in your cabin and then unable to return home after the cruise. 

Really...that's the last thing you want? You want to have a potentially fatal disease and be spreading it unknowingly, threatening other people's lives? Seriously? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Really...that's the last thing you want? You want to have a potentially fatal disease and be spreading it unknowingly, threatening other people's lives? Seriously? 

Yes seriously. I don't get tested daily at home and I go about my day with work, errands, etc. I don't feel the need to get tested daily on vacation either. When I've been sick I've gotten a covid test. When I'm not sick, I don't get them "preventatively". 

13 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Yes seriously. I don't get tested daily at home and I go about my day with work, errands, etc. I don't feel the need to get tested daily on vacation either. When I've been sick I've gotten a covid test. When I'm not sick, I don't get them "preventatively". 

Who is testing daily? Many of the on board tests are to enter or re-enter countries or for similar reasons. 

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Who is testing daily? Many of the on board tests are to enter or re-enter countries or for similar reasons. 

viking is testing daily 

https://www.10best.com/interests/healthy-travel/viking-cruise-pandemic-covid-safety/

which is what I interpreted as the OPs question. I have no issue with test requirements for boarding, disembarkation, or to meet the requirements of any country.  Or any testing related to symptoms or contact tracing. That is simply the world we live in now.

I don’t want to test daily for no apparent reason.

11 hours ago, sanger727 said:

Maybe just a choice of words or misinterpretation.  I wouldn't want to think you would be OK exposing others if you are positive.   

7 hours ago, ldubs said:

Maybe just a choice of words or misinterpretation.  I wouldn't want to think you would be OK exposing others if you are positive.   

yes, could have been my choice of words. No, I’m not ok exposing others if I’m positive. and if I have a reason to believe I could be positive (symptoms, exposure) I would of course take a test. But I don’t really agree with vaccinated people taking Covid tests as a screening tool. Once, when you get on the ship, I get. But I feel like every time you take a Covid test, you enter the false positive lottery. And the more times you enter the more chances there are to ‘win’. I took a trip recently that required 3 Covid tests and even though we were completely healthy. Each time left you on pins and needles waiting for the results. I would not be willing to test daily on a trip.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sanger727 said:

yes, could have been my choice of words. No, I’m not ok exposing others if I’m positive. and if I have a reason to believe I could be positive (symptoms, exposure) I would of course take a test. But I don’t really agree with vaccinated people taking Covid tests as a screening tool. Once, when you get on the ship, I get. But I feel like every time you take a Covid test, you enter the false positive lottery. And the more times you enter the more chances there are to ‘win’. I took a trip recently that required 3 Covid tests and even though we were completely healthy. Each time left you on pins and needles waiting for the results. I would not be willing to test daily on a trip.

I was pretty sure that was the case and I think that is how just about all of us feel when it comes to being responsible citizens during this pandemic.  

I understand your issue with the tests.  Me personally, even with the false positive issue,  I like the idea of daily testing on cruise ships.  Our opinions differ on that one.