Impressions from Connie's Return Voyage

marieps

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sure looks different than the post Revolution Summit PH.   

I use a Belkin Wall Outlet extender with 2 USB's  -  Used on all 4 of my recent cruises and never had a problem.   I request an extension cord and plug it into extension cord. 

2021-11-18_14-57-27.jpg

Hey Jim,

Our Brookstone USB charger crapped out on Connie so thanks for the suggestion.  Are the USB ports 2.4 amp or 1 amp?

My DH and I were on this cruise.  We had an aft balcony on deck 8 and had no water problems.  The water was hot and was not brown at all. 

This was our first Celebrity cruise and we enjoyed it very much.  The ship did not feel crowded and we spent a lot of time at the pool.  Only once did I have to wait an unreasonable amount of time at the bar.  Other than that once, the service was good.  We went to all the shows in the theater and thought they were very good.  We chose select dining and it was fine.  Food is not our #1 consideration for cruising.  We did not eat at any of the specialty restaurants.  We went into Belize for a tour of the city and it was very interesting.  We did not leave the ship in Cozumel. 

I thought the staff was very friendly.  They obviously had been trained to greet passengers and seemed genuinely happy to finally have passengers onboard.  Both embarkation and debarkation were quick and easy.

We ordered Covid tests from the Celebrity site.  My test went smoothly and the results showed up quickly on my phone.  My DH's first test was flawed.  The reagent only bubbled instead of coming out of the vial in drops.  Luckily we had the third test to try.  But we had a typo on his personal information (my fault) and no one at eMed seemed to be able to correct it.  We went back and forth for literally hours.  Finally, after another mistake, this one by the proctor, we were able to get my DH's result.  All together it took 5 hours!  What a mess.

Edited by mollymom53
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Randy,

Thanks so much for checking with Milo regarding the Caymus. Great to know.  Busy day today as it was my last day “in the office”. Well, working from home since we closed our main office in Manhattan last March.  Much to do before flying to Tampa on Saturday afternoon to see dear friends before boarding on Monday.  I lived in Tampa for 20 years before relocating to Bucks County, PA for my career.

I assume that you will not be on the next cruise since you said we would be neighbors in May on the Millenium.  It would have been so nice to meet you this coming cruise.  How did you know that we will be “neighbors” next May?  I guess I mentioned that cruise at some point.

Just one last question.  On all the cruises that I have done on the M class Penthouse Suites they have assigned one butler to one hallway and another to the other hallway. Since 6148 is on the other hallway, will Anu still be our retreat host?  I sure hope so based upon everything you have said.  If I can’t have Cesar, I want Anu.

I hope you are continuing to have a wonderful cruise, Randy.  Perhaps we can chat before our May cruise.  You have been so kind and helpful and I much appreciate it.  I don’t know what you wine tastes lean toward, but I would be happy to share a bottle or two of Caymus with you in May.

The guests currently in 6147 are on the second leg of a back to back. They were in 6148 for the November 7/21 sailing. In order to maintain consistency for them, Anu, who is currently looking after the odd numbered suites, simply changed Penthouse assignments for this sailing, so that the guests could have the same Retreat Host for both legs.

In terms of the Pacific Coast itinerary, I recognized your CC handle from the roll call listing that Diane has so graciously offered to maintain. She is doing such a great job.

We are now in the in the 3 days of “total relaxation sea days” to end our cruise. It really has been something special for us.

Randy

10 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Jim, thanks for sharing. Damn, I cannot get it delivered by Amazon before we leave on Saturday.  Thus we’re left with figuring out how to charge devices but it’s a first world problem. The cell phones will go in the safe.  We have several iPads, electric toothbrushes, curling iron and hair dryer. I look forward to muddling through that challenge.  

There are 2 standard plugs in the “dressing area” just outside the main bathroom. We have used those to charge a phone, an ipad and use a hair dryer and curling brush. 

Randy

Hello Randy,

I hope you are enjoying the first of the 3 sea days in that wonderful suite.  We are finally way overpacked and ready to fly out tomorrow afternoon.  Since Anu is so wonderful I am leaving the convection oven and the cookware and the pots and pans at home.  LOL.  I always pack way too much clothing since I send laundry out each day.  I just can’t help myself.  Then there is the first aid kit and medicine cabinet on steroids.  Just remember that for our May cruise.  We will have everything.  Just holler over the verandah divider and I’m sure we will have it.  Let me know if you have a special request like a specific tool or pot or pan and I’ll be sure to pack it.  LOL.

Again, thank you so much for all of your kind responses.  I’m so sorry that we won’t meet one another on Monday but I look forward to our cruise in May.

Retreat question....this is our first Celebrity cruise. We are D+ on Royal and Elite on Celebrity. We are staying in a 'peasants stateroom'. As Elite status, do we get a trip to the Retreat when we stay on board during a port call? What exactly is in the Retreat?

The retreat is a lounge for suite passengers only. Some ships have a retreat sun deck as well.  Pre Covid the only non suite guests that were allowed in the retreat were Zenith’s, Celebrity’s highest level passenger.  Since Covid they are not even allowed in the retreat.  So, sorry, but you are not.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:19 AM, canderson said:

Directly from our new friend, the 'plumber' of Deck 6, port, stern quarter!  He's got a real talent for bending PVC, I can tell you.  It's going to be very tedious work for a while to come.

Are you sure it is PVC and not PEX?   Most new plumbing today is PEX.  It is fast and easy to install and very flexible.   It is also very easy to repair or replace.  No glue required.  Just cut the tubing and crimp the clamp onto a fitting.   All RVs today also use it. 

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 minutes ago, miched said:

Are you sure it is PVC and not PEX?   Most new plumbing today is PEX.  It is fast and easy to install and very flexible.   It is also very easy to repair or replace.  No glue required.  Just cut the tubing and crimp the clamp onto a fitting.   All RVs today also use it. 

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Definitely not PEX.  Wasn't flexible.  Looked like ordinary white PVC.  He was doing some light forming with heat.