Wi-Fi package

tuputts

I plan on buying the 4 device plan since I have an iPhone, tablet, and Wi-Fi DVD player so is it better to buy it in the app or buy it onboard.  I think I saw that platinum members get a discount if you buy it onboard. The app sells the plan for $200 for 10 days.

You will only need to buy for one device.  It is very easy to "swap" devices.  Medallion net will ask you if you want to "swap"/transfer to the other device. Unless you need to have 2 devices open at once or sharing with your cabin mate...save your money.

The verdict is still out to if you can buy it onboard for a net of 50% off as a Platinum/Elite passenger.  

The onboard price is more per day than buying through the app before the cruise. Some people have reported being able to get the price adjusted on board to match the precruise price. Platinum and Elite passengers get 50% off whether purchasing it before the cruise or on board. The difference is that currently they'll pay full price if purchasing it before the cruise and then receive the discount in the form of onboard credit. 

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You will only need to buy for one device.  It is very easy to "swap" devices.  Medallion net will ask you if you want to "swap"/transfer to the other device. Unless you need to have 2 devices open at once or sharing with your cabin mate...save your money.

The verdict is still out to if you can buy it onboard for a net of 50% off as a Platinum/Elite passenger.  

No verdict waiting here.  Eligible guests get the discount no matter when they purchase MedallionNet.

9 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

I called Princess and they said one can purchase the discounted platinum/elite on first day

Yes, the pre-cruise lower price is being offered on DAY 1 since the MC App is not yet recognizing status and charging the net 50% cost ahead of sailing.

I purchased several days before for several of my recent cruises.  Since I registered under my userID, I get a 50% discount for 1 device*.  So this cruise for some reason I got 50% ($99. Put back on my OBC) off for four devices *(I always register the four device, wife and I link both iPhones and iPads).  The service in the coastal California and Mexico areas is rather remarkable fast.  

56 minutes ago, DuaneO said:

I purchased several days before for several of my recent cruises.  Since I registered under my userID, I get a 50% discount for 1 device*.  So this cruise for some reason I got 50% ($99. Put back on my OBC) off for four devices *(I always register the four device, wife and I link both iPhones and iPads).  The service in the coastal California and Mexico areas is rather remarkable fast.  

If a guest qualifies for the 50% discount (Platinum/Elite), the discount applies on ALL internet packages and rates.

On 11/24/2021 at 8:29 PM, Steelers36 said:

If a guest qualifies for the 50% discount (Platinum/Elite), the discount applies on ALL internet packages and rates.

On 11/24/2021 at 8:29 PM, Steelers36 said:

Correct!