Cutting a trip short.

Capri73

Hi Everyone

We want to take an Australian cruise.Unfortunely they all go to New Zealand.We have been to NZ and loved it but do not want to do it again.Does anyone know if we can get off after Australia and continue on our own?I know in the past SB allowed it.

Thank you for all your help and Happy Thanksgiving.

3 hours ago, Capri73 said:

Hi Everyone

We want to take an Australian cruise.Unfortunely they all go to New Zealand.We have been to NZ and loved it but do not want to do it again.Does anyone know if we can get off after Australia and continue on our own?I know in the past SB allowed it.

Thank you for all your help and Happy Thanksgiving.

Do you mean Silversea or Seabourn because you are currently on the Silversea board?

Maybe I am not understanding very well as I am only halfway into my first morning coffee but can you clarify where the ship is sailing to and from? If it is going down the East coast of Australia from Asia you usually have a disembarkation stop for some in Sydney before then doing the trans-Tasman to New Zealand. So in that case yes you can disembark in Sydney. 

10 hours ago, Capri73 said:

Hi Everyone

We want to take an Australian cruise.Unfortunely they all go to New Zealand.

That is not right.   On the Silverseas website  there are currently 7 Silversea cruises listed  that  are Australia ONLY cruises.   As to  whether or not if those cruises go ahead  that is currently up  to  the Aust Govt at the moment.

We have been  on cruises  where people  get off  at a certain port  before the "official"  cruise ends,  so it can  be done,   you just need to have a good travel  agent  !

https://www.silversea.com/destinations/australia-new-zealand-cruise.html#find-your-cruise

15 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Do you mean Silversea or Seabourn because you are currently on the Silversea board?

Maybe I am not understanding very well as I am only halfway into my first morning coffee but can you clarify where the ship is sailing to and from? If it is going down the East coast of Australia from Asia you usually have a disembarkation stop for some in Sydney before then doing the trans-Tasman to New Zealand. So in that case yes you can disembark in Sydney. 

Yes I meant SS I was just saying I know it can be done on SB in the past.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Capri73 said:

Yes I meant SS I was just saying I know it can be done on SB in the past.

Thank you

You used to be able to do this on Silversea; the cost of the voyage remained the same (you still paid for  the full itinerary).  Not sure if this is permissible now given different countries' COVID-19 policies and the arrangements that have to be made.    At one time, there was even an option to create your own itinerary that allowed you to join a voyage on any day any leave on any day.