Royal's ships 2023/24

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I just figure it is the 2024/25 season launch, although they could do a fair bit to Lelepa over the next 18 months - or at least be hopeful enough to put it on some itineraries.

I think Lelepa will be pushed back again and Royal will have their hand out for some development aid from Uncle Sam.

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I think Lelepa will be pushed back again and Royal will have their hand out for some development aid from Uncle Sam.

I think we will find out before Easter what this South Bank Brisbane function is all about.

The Royal Caribbean Beach sounds like a Lelepa launch to me. 

1 minute ago, springaussie said:

I think we will find out before Easter what this South Bank Brisbane function is all about.

So have you got a flyer or something on the South bank Beach Party ?

Does anyone have insight knowledge of the work to be done during Quantum’s dry dock?  
Her last cruise ends in Honolulu on 14 Oct ‘24. She appears in Darwin’s calendar on Nov 24.  That’s about 41 days.  Allowing 10 for a non-revenue run to Singapore and a further 7 from Sing to Darwin leaves 24 days for the dry dock.  Seems too long unless major work is planned.  

31 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Does anyone have insight knowledge of the work to be done during Quantum’s dry dock?  
Her last cruise ends in Honolulu on 14 Oct ‘24. She appears in Darwin’s calendar on Nov 24.  That’s about 41 days.  Allowing 10 for a non-revenue run to Singapore and a further 7 from Sing to Darwin leaves 24 days for the dry dock.  Seems too long unless major work is planned.  

There’s been a bit of speculation about water slides,new bars and the likes but Royal won’t be spending any unnecessary money I think.

They just started Icon 2 ,so I think Quantum will just be getting a technical dry dock to keep it operational.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s been a bit of speculation about water slides,new bars and the likes but Royal won’t be spending any unnecessary money I think.

They just started Icon 2 ,so I think Quantum will just be getting a technical dry dock to keep it operational.

I agree they must be conserving cash, so why the big gap?  
Any chance it’s actually Anthem coming to Brisbane instead of Quantum?  Last crruise ends in S’hampton on Oct 14.  

6 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

I agree they must be conserving cash, so why the big gap?  
Any chance it’s actually Anthem coming to Brisbane instead of Quantum?  Last crruise ends in S’hampton on Oct 14.  

Staff on Anthem claim she is going into dry dock when she leaves Southampton then goes to Asia. Anthem could easily make 24 November booking in Darwin without a dry dock. 
Quantum running non revenue from Hawaii then going into Singapore dry dock sounds the most likely.

What seems odd to me is no NZ cruises according to Sydney Ports until December for Ovation. 17 November 2024 lshe is Cairns and 24 November in Adelaide. 

if Anthem or Spectrum did home port  in Sydney I assume they will enter from Fremantle and Adelaide. 

17 hours ago, springaussie said:

The worlds' largest sand ship could also mean they are bringing Oasis. I try not to read too much into these, as they are just a good way to attract media attention for a season launch. Any extra news will be great news.

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

Staff on Anthem claim she is going into dry dock when she leaves Southampton then goes to Asia. Anthem could easily make 24 November booking in Darwin without a dry dock. 
Quantum running non revenue from Hawaii then going into Singapore dry dock sounds the most likely.

What seems odd to me is no NZ cruises according to Sydney Ports until December for Ovation. 17 November 2024 lshe is Cairns and 24 November in Adelaide. 

if Anthem or Spectrum did home port  in Sydney I assume they will enter from Fremantle and Adelaide. 

Yeah I saw the crew comment on Anthem.  I don’t think Anthem has to dry dock until mid 2025.  Why would they bring it forward by more than 6 months? 

28 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Yeah I saw the crew comment on Anthem.  I don’t think Anthem has to dry dock until mid 2025.  Why would they bring it forward by more than 6 months? 

Royal may prefer Cadiz over Singapore.

Or Anthem isn’t going to be near a dry dock at Easter 2025. 

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

The worlds' largest sand ship could also mean they are bringing Oasis. I try not to read too much into these, as they are just a good way to attract media attention for a season launch. Any extra news will be great news.

Yeah, probably their marketing team just trying to create interest.  
The Brisbane port calendar looks set up for Lelepa, with mostly 7 and 8 night itineraries. 

The Eastbound to Alaska  booking April 2025  for Ovation of the Seas has disappeared in Papeete. 
Quantum still booked in.

Ovation is still showing westbound  19 October 2024 in Papeete to Oz.  Quantum never had a booking in Papeete after Alaska 2024. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, springaussie said:

The Eastbound to Alaska  booking April 2025  for Ovation of the Seas has disappeared in Papeete. 
Quantum still booked in.

Ovation is still showing westbound  19 October 2024 in Papeete to Oz.  Quantum never had a booking in Papeete after Alaska 2024. 

Maybe we won’t have Ovation in Sydney 24-25 ?

With only one ship booked for the season there’s room for something with more capacity.

23 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Maybe we won’t have Ovation in Sydney 24-25 ?

With only one ship booked for the season there’s room for something with more capacity.

It could be as simple as Ovation is going via the Private Island and Fiji to Hawaii or going via Asia to Alaska.

25 minutes ago, springaussie said:

It could be as simple as Ovation is going via the Private Island and Fiji to Hawaii or going via Asia to Alaska.

Wouldn't be surprised about that.   Ovation was going Singapore (pre-covid) to Tokyo and a second journey, Tokyo to Alaska.  The ship was heavily booked about a year out and those from the US booking the 1st segment, booked the second.  The itinerary was changed slightly after covid started and I was able to get a full refund of my deposit.  The journey kept selling like hotcakes (at an increased price) during covid until it was apparent it wasn't going to happen.

24 minutes ago, springaussie said:

There’s a ship missing 24-25 . If it’s only Ovation in Sydney it will be sold out in no time flat.

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s a ship missing 24-25 . If it’s only Ovation in Sydney it will be sold out in no time flat.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Quantum started from Sydney also to Hawaii  like the Carnival Companies mostly do. 

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

For December/January and the relocations, yes there is enough demand for 2 ships.  As for the other months, they struggle to fill one. Tough to send another ship down for an 8 week season.

20 hours ago, springaussie said:

Quantum still booked in.

Thx for sharing this update.
No entry in Darwin’s calendar (yet) that would indicate a northbound exit.  Perhaps a TP calling at Lelepa is the plan.  
Surely they would do the same with Quantum (or her replacement).  Gavin’s sandcastle ship might provide a hint.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

For December/January and the relocations, yes there is enough demand for 2 ships.  As for the other months, they struggle to fill one. Tough to send another ship down for an 8 week season.

That may be the case now, with many people being cautious about cruising.  

But the first cruises in this deployment are 18 months away.  I think Royal is under-estimating  demand (unless there is another catastrophe).  

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

That may be the case now, with many people being cautious about cruising.  

But the first cruises in this deployment are 18 months away.  I think Royal is under-estimating  demand (unless there is another catastrophe).  

Could be. They could be misinterpreting the market, but I think they will be basing everything on advanced booking numbers for Brilliance next season. They did have a Vision class place marker in ports for 2024/25, so to me it seems like they were estimating a small downsize already. Sure they could fill another ship, but at what margin. The market here will shift, but is from health concerns and toward financial concerns?

Maybe there will be some sensational news ready to be announced, and they are keeping a secret better than ever before. I agree that with more massive newbuilds hitting the market, that there will usually be newer hand-me-downs looking for a different home - but I am just not sensing anything. Princess is also dropping capacity from 2023/4 to 2024/5, so for whatever reason there appears to be some cautious minds in the industry.

On 4/6/2023 at 5:38 PM, arxcards said:

Could be. They could be misinterpreting the market, but I think they will be basing everything on advanced booking numbers for Brilliance next season. They did have a Vision class place marker in ports for 2024/25, so to me it seems like they were estimating a small downsize already. Sure they could fill another ship, but at what margin. The market here will shift, but is from health concerns and toward financial concerns?

Maybe there will be some sensational news ready to be announced, and they are keeping a secret better than ever before. I agree that with more massive newbuilds hitting the market, that there will usually be newer hand-me-downs looking for a different home - but I am just not sensing anything. Princess is also dropping capacity from 2023/4 to 2024/5, so for whatever reason there appears to be some cautious minds in the industry.

I think they are probably wise to be cautious given that they are heavily discounting sailings even for next season already. Also prices have jumped up considerably for the 24/25 season if Princess and Celebrity prices are anything to go by

we are normally extreme advance planners and would have booked our 24/25 trips by now but we are unsure even what we will do next season

• Like 2