Royal's ships 2023/24

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yes, I noticed the not so subtle use of Adventures in the AMPed up WOW posts.

Voyager has only had a heap new cabins put in where the lovely gymnasium was.

I believe Adventure has the pool area all done up with a lime and coconut bar .

And I think it’s got a tiki bar in the promenade,a vintages bar and something else.

Same as Navigator and Indy 

Edited by Chiliburn

14 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Voyager has only had a heap new cabins put in where the lovely gymnasium was.

I believe Adventure has the pool area all done up with a lime and coconut bar .

And I think it’s got a tiki bar in the promenade,a vintages bar and something else.

Same as Navigator and Indy 

There are some subtle differences with the water slide towers. Not that it confirms anything, but the one used in Royal's social media photo looks like it belongs to Voyager.

After only having Quantum and Voyager class ships here for the last 10 or so years I was hoping they’d change it up. Maybe a Freedom, Radiance and Oasis Class. Oh well maybe 2026/27.

I can't see your pics Phil. What do the prices look like? 

These are decent typical Royal offerings on feature packed Royal ships. The disappointment for me is that it is just too typical, and the local office is a victim of not delivering on their aspirations. Over the past 10 years, the travel media bites have been:

- We will have a ship here year-round

- We are bringing an Oasis class ship (by 2020)

- A Perfect Day at Lelepa

Instead, we get the same stuff less a ship downgrade. I will poke through the dates and have a look at a shortie on Anthem. Apart from that, I am also on the sidelines awaiting some exciting news for 26/27.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I can't see your pics Phil. What do the prices look like? 

These are decent typical Royal offerings on feature packed Royal ships. The disappointment for me is that it is just too typical, and the local office is a victim of not delivering on their aspirations. Over the past 10 years, the travel media bites have been:

- We will have a ship here year-round

- We are bringing an Oasis class ship (by 2020)

- A Perfect Day at Lelepa

Instead, we get the same stuff less a ship downgrade. I will poke through the dates and have a look at a shortie on Anthem. Apart from that, I am also on the sidelines awaiting some exciting news for 26/27.

Itineraries are the usual suspects and the prices are pretty obscene.

They are on Royal Caribbean website.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

I will grab a stiff drink later and make sure I take my medication before I take a look.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Chilli Did you notice the 9 day Anthem South Pacific take 3 sea days one direction and 2 the other way. 
Probably an emissions thing. 

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Chilli Did you notice the 9 day Anthem South Pacific take 3 sea days one direction and 2 the other way. 
Probably an emissions thing. 

It’s good someone noticed that .

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

@springaussie

So what’s the verdict with your Anthem repositioning?

Will the new itinerary work for you?

We are just waiting to see what the others in the group are doing and looking at other options.

The Explorer option does look good.
I haven’t received anything from my USA Travel Agent yet. Just waiting for this email to arrive. 

1:02

7:32

About Your Upcoming Travels

Dear Guest,

We have all been closely monitoring the unrest in the Red Sea and were hopeful everything would settle down. Unfortunately, due to security risks and with the safety of our guests and crew top of mind, we've made the difficult decision that Anthem of the Seas will instead have to transit around the southern tip of Africa.

As a result, our October 14th, 2024, sailing onboard Anthem of the Seas has been

cancelled.

We're truly sorry for the impact that this has on your vacation plans. The time and effort you took to plan your cruise is important to us, so we've put together some alternate options that we hope will work for you and those in your party.

Option 1: Rebook our Explorer of the Seas 8-Night Greece, Cyprus & Turkey Voyage sailing on October 19th, 2024:

Sailing from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy and debarking in Athens (Piraeus), Greece and visiting:

• Santorini, Greece | Mykonos, Greece | Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey | Bodrum, Turkey |& Limassol, Cyprus

What you'll receive:

• Your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.

If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide you with a refund for any difference in pricing.

• To sweeten the offer, you'll receive a credit to spend onboard per
  • $100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, and Balcony staterooms | 5200 USD
    for Suites
  • Plus, an additional 550 USD for each third or more guest to spend onboard.
  • And, you'll also be reimbursed for non-refundable, pre-purchased transportation change fees incurred (such as a flight, train ticket, or rental car).
  • We'll cover up to $200 USD (E161) per guest for Domestic changes, or up to $400 USD (£321) per guest for international changes.
  • Please email your receipts and booking information to RoyalGuestRelations@rcel.com for review,
  • Include the following information in your email: Booking ID,
  • Anthem 10/23/24, Guest Name, and the last four digits of the

Edited by springaussie

35 minutes ago, springaussie said:

We are just waiting to see what the others in the group are doing and looking at other options.

The Explorer option does look good.
I haven’t received anything from my USA Travel Agent yet. Just waiting for this email to arrive. 

1:02

7:32

About Your Upcoming Travels

Dear Guest,

We have all been closely monitoring the unrest in the Red Sea and were hopeful everything would settle down. Unfortunately, due to security risks and with the safety of our guests and crew top of mind, we've made the difficult decision that Anthem of the Seas will instead have to transit around the southern tip of Africa.

As a result, our October 14th, 2024, sailing onboard Anthem of the Seas has been

cancelled.

We're truly sorry for the impact that this has on your vacation plans. The time and effort you took to plan your cruise is important to us, so we've put together some alternate options that we hope will work for you and those in your party.

Option 1: Rebook our Explorer of the Seas 8-Night Greece, Cyprus & Turkey Voyage sailing on October 19th, 2024:

Sailing from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy and debarking in Athens (Piraeus), Greece and visiting:

• Santorini, Greece | Mykonos, Greece | Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey | Bodrum, Turkey |& Limassol, Cyprus

What you'll receive:

• Your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.

If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide you with a refund for any difference in pricing.

• To sweeten the offer, you'll receive a credit to spend onboard per
  • $100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, and Balcony staterooms | 5200 USD
    for Suites
  • Plus, an additional 550 USD for each third or more guest to spend onboard.
  • And, you'll also be reimbursed for non-refundable, pre-purchased transportation change fees incurred (such as a flight, train ticket, or rental car).
  • We'll cover up to $200 USD (E161) per guest for Domestic changes, or up to $400 USD (£321) per guest for international changes.
  • Please email your receipts and booking information to RoyalGuestRelations@rcel.com for review,
  • Include the following information in your email: Booking ID,
  • Anthem 10/23/24, Guest Name, and the last four digits of the

You may as well transfer to Voyager,if that actually happens.