Royal's ships 2023/24

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s a newer ship ,Geoff it’s like dating twins,they look the same but are different.

I get that, but why wouldn't they just make the port bookings with Adventure to get the WOW tongues wagging early. I would suggest that the name on the booking is the most probable ship.

It does seem weird to send Voyager here when she has already been here. I would think that to stir a bit more interest RC would send a ship that has not been here before. Perhaps the problem with sending Adventure here is that the name is too similar to the P&O Pacific Adventure? They don't want potential customers to be confused? Could the reason be that simple?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ELep said:

It does seem weird to send Voyager here when she has already been here. I would think that to stir a bit more interest RC would send a ship that has not been here before. Perhaps the problem with sending Adventure here is that the name is too similar to the P&O Pacific Adventure? They don't want potential customers to be confused? Could the reason be that simple?

Hasn't stopped them before. When P&O announced Pacific Explorer, Royal arrived with Explorer of the seas. Carnival Legend was in Australia when Legend of the Seas arrived. Other conflicts between cruise lines over recent years, including Sun, Dawn, Jewel.

Maybe confusion is a good thing? I have friends that booked on Pacific Dawn, which turned out to be Dawn Princess when they arrived at the terminal. Hey, it is a big white ship with restaurants and bars, so who cares what the name is? 🤣

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, arxcards said:

Hasn't stopped them before. When P&O announced Pacific Explorer, Royal arrived with Explorer of the seas. Carnival Legend was in Australia when Legend of the Seas arrived. Other conflicts between cruise lines over recent years, including Sun, Dawn, Jewel.

Maybe confusion is a good thing? I have friends that booked on Pacific Dawn, which turned out to be Dawn Princess when they arrived at the terminal. Hey, it is a big white ship with restaurants and bars, so who cares what the name is? 🤣

True, similar names here before. Which still leaves me wondering why RC would not send a ship that is new to Australia, even though the same class as previous ships here. Radiance class seem popular here. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, springaussie said:

I hear the Travel Agents are concerned if Voyager goes on sale going thru the Suez on the way to Oz. 

Do you think the repo will be on sale soon?

I don’t know but I’m tempted to book it .The trouble is if it changes you loose the airfare and that’s pretty substantial.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know but I’m tempted to book it .The trouble is if it changes you loose the airfare and that’s pretty substantial.

No

Still not official Voyager is not coming! 

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I had a cruise booked going through the Suez (booked it 2 weeks before the Middle East War started).  There is I believe an ACCC rule that the airlines must return your airfare cost for cancellation, minus cancellation cost for each leg of the trip (there were 6 for the two of us, so that totalled about $120 x 6 legs = $720).  Royal Caribbean compensated us for nearly the whole $720.  I also booked seats by the exit door (more leg room) but that extra was non-refundable.  If I booked an overseas trip again, I would leave booking the seats until a later time.  I booked with Emirates and there was a cancellation button, it was so easy.   Waiting for Royal to cancel and not knowing was the worst part.

3 hours ago, Rassa said:

I had a cruise booked going through the Suez (booked it 2 weeks before the Middle East War started).  There is I believe an ACCC rule that the airlines must return your airfare cost for cancellation, minus cancellation cost for each leg of the trip (there were 6 for the two of us, so that totalled about $120 x 6 legs = $720).  Royal Caribbean compensated us for nearly the whole $720.  I also booked seats by the exit door (more leg room) but that extra was non-refundable.  If I booked an overseas trip again, I would leave booking the seats until a later time.  I booked with Emirates and there was a cancellation button, it was so easy.   Waiting for Royal to cancel and not knowing was the worst part.

Sounds like you were lucky Rassa .

I was going to incorporate it with a European trip and if they cancel it it would make things difficult.

I don’t think they will bring Voyager,maybe a better ship. Navigator or Adventure.

Brisbane has proven to not be popular and putting a unpopular ship there would be a disaster.

They might fill it with locals but people aren’t going to fly log distance to get on a run down ship in a ugly port.

Hey Rassa , found something for you.

https://www.cruiseturtle.com/cruise-news/meow-majesty-revolutionary-cruise-ship-for-cat-lovers

9 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Nice ship!!!!🤣   

Hahaha, I thought "only in America" [sorry USA] until I got to the last paragraph. I was waiting to see how much kitty's fare would be, and thinking all the way through that my little boy would hate it anyway 🤣

2 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hahaha, I thought "only in America" [sorry USA] until I got to the last paragraph. I was waiting to see how much kitty's fare would be, and thinking all the way through that my little boy would hate it anyway 🤣

It was on the discovery of the seas site ,right at the end it says April Fools 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Sounds like you were lucky Rassa .

I was going to incorporate it with a Europen trip and if they cancel it it would make things difficult.

We are in that situation with Anthem.

I have  refundable one way airfares booked to France.

Only doing Southampton to Civitavecchia.  
Our friends are booked to Singapore. Others are joining them in Civitavecchia and Dubai. But they have nothing booked except the cruise thru a USA TA.

Just now, springaussie said:

We are in that situation with Anthem.

I have  a refundable one way airfares booked to France.

Only doing Southampton to Civitavecchia.  
Our friends are booked to Singapore. Others are joining them in Civitavecchia and Dubai. But they have nothing booked except the cruise thru a USA TA.

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 12:33 AM, arxcards said:

But what is the point of hiding a Voyager class ships bookings behind Voyager of the Seas bookings. Different if they wanted to go WOW, surprise, here is Freedom of the Seas (example). Apart from buying a different fridge magnet, Adventure would just be a charade to those that need some good oil in their WOW.

It’s starting Geoff, from what I understand Anthem isn’t quite as good condition as Ovation but identical.

Same girl,a bit older and different name.

WOW we have a new ship for you aren’t you excited.

IMG_1217.thumb.png.4144da01a741c731ab032354a1d2d34d.png

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s starting Geoff, from what I understand Anthem isn’t quite as good condition as Ovation but identical.

Same girl,a bit older and different name.

WOW we have a new ship for you aren’t you excited.

IMG_1217.thumb.png.4144da01a741c731ab032354a1d2d34d.png

WOW, just WOW.

That is so funny. I was just about to post here. I have just been reading Royal's Australian social media feeds, and they are copping a bagging for trying to WOW their loyal patrons with a cookie-cutter ship. Apparently the show is different. Flogging a dead giraffe? 

I look forward to them spinning the WOW of a 20th century ship heading for Brisbane.

I would be more WOW'd if I could get a Southo & Coke for under $AU15 and a meal at Chop's for under $AU70. At this stage, until I can get the last few nights to diamond qual, it looks like I can only afford Anthem if we are going on a detox cruise.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, arxcards said:

WOW, just WOW.

That is so funny. I was just about to post here. I have just been reading Royal's Australian social media feeds, and they are copping a bagging for trying to WOW their loyal patrons with a cookie-cutter ship. Apparently the show is different. Flogging a dead giraffe? 

I look forward to them spinning the WOW of a 20th century ship heading for Brisbane.

I would be more WOW'd if I could get a Southo & Coke for under $AU15 and a meal at Chop's for under $AU70. At this stage, until I can get the last few nights to diamond qual, it looks like I can only afford Anthem if we are going on a detox cruise.

I’m looking forward to Voyager’s hype also.

Going from a quantum,to a 20 year older voyager will be so exciting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

We enjoyed cruising on Voyager back in 2014 but I do think Brisbane deserves something younger. We cruised Quantum last year to NZ, I found the ship way to  internal. 

Edited by joejoe 59
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Maybe the hype will be about Lelepa.  They’ll want to have something to crow about! 

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Maybe the hype will be about Lelepa.  They’ll want to have something to crow about! 

Lelepa ? I’ve heard that name before,is it a drink or something.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Maybe it will come back new. Oh wait. Wrong company 😄 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

Maybe it will come back new. Oh wait. Wrong company 😄 

That’s what they need is an Australian offshoot like P&O to dump their junk. They could probably reduce their parent company emissions .