B2B Cruises and only one cruise gets canceled by Princess

chubbypiggy

This is the first time I will be doing a B2B, and with the surge of COVID, and the possibility that Princess might cancel any cruises any time, I would like to get a better understanding of how B2B cruises work.  If any of you have knowledge of this kind of situation, your input will be greatly appreciated.  

For March 2022, I booked my 28 nights cruise as 2 cruises. 21-night cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome, and 7-night cruise from Rome to Athens. So, if after final payments with no refunds of both cruises, Princess decides to cancel ONLY the 21-night cruise, and if I don't want to lose all my money paid on the 7-night cruise, I will have to fly to Rome just to do the 7-night cruise by itself? 
  • Like 1

I think in that case Princess would tend to extend some courtesy.  You could always hedge the bet with Platinum level protection on just the 7NT to get “cancel anytime” protection, but I honestly think Princess won’t do you dirty when they cancel the adjacent sailing. 

• Like 1

Interesting> We are scheduled for a Panama Canal cruise--SFO to FLL in February-The day our ship arrives in FLL we are booked to get off and board another ship for B2B TA ending in Athens. I am now wondering if the TA gets changed how we will handle getting home?  OH the joy 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

For March 2022, ... if I don't want to lose all my money paid on the 7-night cruise, I will have to fly to Rome just to do the 7-night cruise by itself? 

Not exactly. You could cancel the 7 night cruise up to 30 days before under the (extended) Book With Confidence Policy and pick a different itinerary 

Screenshot_20211202-180015_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b4d2549fd88b6e624ebd84ea0179b94a.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ombud said:

Not exactly. You could cancel the 7 night cruise up to 30 days before under the (extended) Book With Confidence Policy and pick a different itinerary 

Thank you so much for the information!! 

Due to the current surge of COVID and travel restrictions of many countries, I think there is a high chance Princess might cancel one or both of my cruises. Since the final payment for my first cruise (21 nights) is next Monday, I was thinking maybe I should just cancel both of my cruises.   Now knowing about the Book with Confidence policy, I will go ahead and pay my final payment next Monday.  I really want to get back on cruises; not being on cruises for almost 2 years is really unbearable.    😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:
1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:
Thank you so much for the information!! 

Due to the current surge of COVID and travel restrictions of many countries, I think there is a high chance Princess might cancel one or both of my cruises. Since the final payment for my first cruise (21 nights) is next Monday, I was thinking maybe I should just cancel both of my cruises.   Now knowing about the Book with Confidence policy, I will go ahead and pay my final payment next Monday.  I really want to get back on cruises; not being on cruises for almost 2 years is really unbearable.    😊

👍I keep track of the Book with Confidence expiration date. I don't mind only Princess shore excursions on next week's cruise (Caribbean) but I won't do Princess excursions in Pacific Northwest (March 2022 cruise) and especially not in Europe. So that expiration date is really important to me. 

Watch out for the insurance policy too-- I had a 5(?)-leg European trip booked in 2020, with PVP on the first and last legs. Unfortunately, the fine print on the PVP policies for Europe made them non-refundable, unlike those for North/South American voyages. (Maybe they were changed since them, but I doubt it.)