B2B Question please

Basil & Beetle

Hi,

I have an upcoming B2B in a SS for both sailings. However,  I have to change cabins. What is the process when I am gathered with the other B2B guests to obtain the new room key...am I able to go back to my original room until the new cabin is ready, discuss with both retreat hosts to coordinate I can go from one to the other when I receive my new room card, or will I have to wait in a public area until the second leg allows boarding?

Thanks so much for your help!

There should be a B2B meeting where the process will be explained on-board. 

You will pack your belongings except items on hangers. 

There will be an assigned meeting space for B2B passengers.

When the ship has cleared all other passengers, you will walk as a group and clear customs which can vary depending on port.

You will return to the ship and sign in like a new passenger.

Celebrity will move your belongings to your new cabin.

Enjoy!

Edited by Sam.Seattle

Since they will be cleaning the original room for the new guests and the cabin attendants cannot work in the room while you are there you cannot go back to your 1st cabin.  You might have better luck going to your new cabin.  Coordinate this with the RH or Concierge.  They might make it a priority to get your new cabin ready.  Keep checking both sailings to see if you can get the same cabin, there might be cancellations.

• Like 1

You will pack up loose items and leave your luggage in your first cabin . While you are having breakfast and taking care of immigration details and cabin staff will move your packed bags and hanging clothes to your new cabin . There can be a small delay in getting into your new cabin as it might still be being cleaned . 
speak with your host to make sure they know you are moving . We did this three weeks ago .

Your Personal Retreat Host can coordinate this for you.  We left to go to the Retreat ( our meeting place for B2B suite guests) at about 9 we returned from going through customs about 9:50 and went to our new suite which already had been cleaned and our belongings had been moved. 

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Your Personal Retreat Host can coordinate this for you.  We left to go to the Retreat ( our meeting place for B2B suite guests) at about 9 we returned from going through customs about 9:50 and went to our new suite which already had been cleaned and our belongings had been moved. 

Perfect! Thank you...I thought this may be the case! That was my plan to speak with my host and coordinate with the new host and hope he/she can make it a priority.

Is your B2B in and out of a US port? If so, yup, you step off and go through customs, then you treat it as another port and you can go off and come back later.

If this is Europe, you’ll not meet as a group. The ship will just get your old card and close out your account and issue you a new one, and that’s it. No stepping off unless you go tour and so on.

Very nice and easy for both. Almost like just another port of call. And US customs is much easier now with face recognition. Although we had our passports out, we just passed through the photo-thingy and that was that. 

enjoy! we love B2B’s.  

Den

We have never had a difficult time with the switchover.    Just pack loose items in drawers and bathroom and leave hanging items on the rod.   They will be moved to your new room.   When the guest in you new room vacate their room your Butler or Room Attendant will let you know and you can move the item from your safe and things like computers to your new room.  

You then go for a quick bite of breakfast before meeting at the designated B2B meeting area.   Once last call is announced you will either go to the terminal with all the other B2B's or at some ports like San Diego the do it aboard for all guests.   You clear CBP immigration.     At terminal 25 they use a camera system and you just stand in front of a camera and get a big green check mark or a Big Red X (need to talk to agent).    Once the ship is zeroed out you are given a new room key and a photo taken if you didn't upload one.   Back on the ship and enjoy yourself for a couple hours before general boarding begins.

There are also options that will be described to you if you wish to go ashore (but can't come back on until General Boarding Starts).