No way to give a spa massage as a gift

time4u2go

I would like to give my wife a spa massage as a gift on our cruise. I was hoping I could buy some kind of massage gift card from RCCL's selection of gifts, but there doesn't seem to be any such thing. I know I can always just get onboard money credit, and say "I'm giving you a massage," but it's just not the same. Does anybody know if there's any way to give a spa massage as a gift?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi - Like you mention, the only thing I'm familiar with is being able to buy the onboard credit for a specific dollar amount. Maybe you could buy a nice card and customize a message? Or print something up on your PC? Add a flower once you get onboard?

The only other thing I've done is just pay for the treatment outright at the spa while the recipient was receiving their treatment.

It would be great if RCI would add something to their gift list to fill this gap. Maybe try calling them and see if they've got some way to help you?

As a potential recipient of the massage via onboard credit, I'd LOVE it! You can customize the note that goes with the onboard credit to state you "hope he/she enjoys a massage". It's the thought that counts, not the delivery method. Besides that, let's say you pay for a $100 massage. The recipient boards the ship and finds out there is a special that includes a massage and a facial combo for the same price. With the credit, he/she could get the combo without any hassle. If you'd paid specifically for a massage, they may not let them substitute. Onboard credit is better in this case.

Archived