Couple questions on NCL "Pop" program

GettotheSun

On 12/12/2021 at 12:07 AM, The Traveling Man said:

Sorry folks, but Missouri isn't really the South.  Down here in Texas, we DO call them cocolas, or just cokes (with a little "c").  "I'd like a coke, please.  What kind do you want?  Oh, a Seven Up or a Sprite if you have it, thanks."  I know, it's confusing, but that's what WE here in the SOUTH say.

Yep, CoCola, Coke, or a cold drink. 

On 12/12/2021 at 6:03 AM, The Traveling Man said:

I suppose that since the principal component of the drink is the vodka or rum, and the root beer would just be a mixer, they wouldn't charge for it.  They don't charge for the tomato juice in a Bloody Mary, do they?

Tomato juice is included in the PBP anyway. For mixers that are not included, results vary. There are cocktails on the menu that call for canned soda (like the ginger beer in a dark & stormy) and of course they won’t charge you extra on top of the listed price of the cocktail. But if you ask for a mixed drink to order that includes a non-included mixer, like vodka and Red Bull, they usually charge you for the mixer.

On 12/11/2021 at 12:37 PM, GettotheSun said:

Something a bit lighter for a Saturday.  I find it a bit odd it's a "Pop" vs. "Soda" program - I thought most Americans referred to it as soda? 😀

Anyway...the program description mentions "endless fountain pop"; so am I correct in assuming that there is no pop in bottles?   

The offer includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Pop.   I'm disappointed there isn't a root beer included, I guess not that popular, but I am surprised at Sierra Mist - they still make that?  No offense to Sierra Mist fans, but I tried it a couple times and thought it was awful.    "Club Pop" is just club soda, I assume?  (if they can call it Tonic Water, not sure why they can't call it Club Soda, lol).

soda.JPG

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Any updates on availability of root beer on board (I will be on Pearl)?  Is it free with unlimited beverage program (not "premier") or what is cost?  Where?

What about milkshakes on the Pearl?  I've done the "make your own with ice cream & milk" in the past.  

Thanks!!

On 5/19/2022 at 4:20 AM, DorothyB said:

Any updates on availability of root beer on board (I will be on Pearl)?  Is it free with unlimited beverage program (not "premier") or what is cost?  Where?

What about milkshakes on the Pearl?  I've done the "make your own with ice cream & milk" in the past.  

Thanks!!

When we were on the Getaway last week root beer was available at just about every bar and restaurant.  There was no charge for it if you had the regular beverage package.  Usually they would keep the can after pouring your drink, but once they even let me keep the can to refill it myself.

On 5/18/2022 at 10:20 PM, DorothyB said:

What about milkshakes on the Pearl?

I can't answer specifically for the Pearl, but on the Getaway milkshakes are an additional charge. Very tasty, but an additional $5. It's the only beverage I would actually pay for on the entire ship.