Question for those who used the healthcare heroes discount

scchristensen95

My wife and I have a cruise coming up in a few weeks and we were lucky enough to get the healthcare discount applied to our cruise. However, one of the forms I provided for verification has since been destroyed (courtesy of a son who likes to get into things he shouldn't). My question is, did you have to actually show your forms at embarkation like the website says or did they not even look at them?

6 hours ago, scchristensen95 said:

My wife and I have a cruise coming up in a few weeks and we were lucky enough to get the healthcare discount applied to our cruise. However, one of the forms I provided for verification has since been destroyed (courtesy of a son who likes to get into things he shouldn't). My question is, did you have to actually show your forms at embarkation like the website says or did they not even look at them?

We had to send in pictures of our badges and I think a paycheck stub at the time of booking.  We did not have to show anything special at embarkation.  Just, you know, boarding pass, vaccine card, negative test, passport, marriage license, pet license, proof of car insurance, and our Amazon membership.

• Haha 2

We have now sailed 2 cruises, Virtuosa and Seaview, using my healthcare discount. At/on the ship for boarding etc. no-one is in the slightest interested in your booking terms/discount. No reason to fear.....enjoy! 

1 hour ago, GrannyGear said:

I have MSC Canada to inquire about booking with my wife's healthcare provider discount. They simply do not answer the phone. How much discount was offered? Any way to book online using it?

It varies by cruise, between 20-50%.

No facility on-line, we used a web agency who sorted it out for us. If you are using MSC direct, you need to get them to action the discount.

Edited by hamrag

14 hours ago, GrannyGear said:

I have MSC Canada to inquire about booking with my wife's healthcare provider discount. They simply do not answer the phone. How much discount was offered? Any way to book online using it?

No, have to call.