FCC extended

bluesea777

Just received email from NCL to say that the Future Cruise Credits that are due to expire on 31 Dec 2021 have been extended by a month to 31 Jan 2022. 

That’s great news for us because this gives us time to enjoy the holiday season and we’ll have time in January to decide on the 2022 cruises. Hopefully the prices will come down for the 2022 cruises. 

• Thanks 1

It was nice to receive the notice.  I'm sure it will be a great benefit for many.  We were feeling the pressure to use it or lose it, though, so last week we applied the last of our FCC to 2022 cruises that we already had booked.  FWIW, Celebrity extended the booking deadline on their Covid FCC through April of 2022 for cruises departing by the end of 2022.  Maybe NCL will match that.

I got the email…which surprised me, since I don’t have any FCC.  So I checked myNCL, and lo and behold I had $1200 of FCC between two different certificates.  So I emailed my PCC to see if I could put it towards my unpaid May cruise or if I had to book something new.  He sadly broke the news to me that it was a mistake, that it was someone else’s that had been posted to my account by mistake.  Total bummer.  But glad whoever it belongs to has an extra month to use it…

5 hours ago, pinklady65 said:

I was really excited to get the letter but disappointed that it is only a months extension with booking still only for 2022.

My guess is that a lot of things will be month to month now.  They want to give folks the opportunity to use the FCC before it expires, but they also want people to use it up so that they can get it off the books.  I'm personally hoping that their 60 day final payment window will also (continue to) be extended on a month to month basis for the near term.

It’s good that they add an extra 30 days.  I hope they will consider pushing the final payment date to 60 days before departure for all cruises departing next year given the uncertainty of border restrictions.  It’s not so much a hassle for US ports but for foreign ports there are a lot more hoops to jump through.  It would be nice to be able to cancel if you are boarding outside the USA when the restrictions are tightened at the last minute to where it’s impossible to follow in order to board the ship.

5 hours ago, cruisingrandy said:

Has anyone's date changed on your NCL account yet?  I got the email but in my NCL account it still shows 12-31-2021 as end date?

Just recently Date was updated to 1-31-2022 so all is good