Booking strategy once you board the Odyssey?

pa6860

Hello all.  Boarding the Odyssey this weekend for our Christmas cruise!  Kinda concerned about capacity, so want to jump on reservations sooner than later once we board.

Do you have any strategies on what to book first?  We want to book shows, iFly, Northstar, and Specialty dining.  We also

wanted to book things like bumper cars etc.

questions:

1. Would you prioritize jumping on getting one type of reservation over the other once on board?

2. For iFly and Northstar, is there a difference in booking strategy between the free version vs the paid version?  Can I reserve multiple free/and or paid sessions of each?

Thank you so much!  And Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Bumper cars are walk up sessions, and don’t need booked.

iFly and Northstar are only free on port days, so if you want those sessions, you would need to work around any excursions you have booked.  You get a longer time in the paid version.

Book the Effector’s show.  It was the best show, in my opinion.

Many people love “The Book”, but we found it to be a strange show.  Good special effects, but strange story line.

Odyssey is a great ship.

One session and/or one reservation for an activity or specific show.  You can't book Effectors or the complimentary iFly twice for example.

Find a place to sit, connect to wifi, then open the app and begin.     For specialty dining visit any specialty restaurant and tell them what you want.   

Edited by twangster

Adding too that on more than one ship my app couldn't make reservations at first.  Guest services had to unlink and relink my booking, sometimes three times before my app behaved.  On different ships multiple people have had this issue so be aware.

10 hours ago, twangster said:

Adding too that on more than one ship my app couldn't make reservations at first.  Guest services had to unlink and relink my booking, sometimes three times before my app behaved.  On different ships multiple people have had this issue so be aware.

App needs fixing for sure. Issues on every cruise. 

Book ifly right away. In fact, show up early to the ship to get on the app before it is booked out. If you have trouble, go to ifly itself to book. Then book north star. Then book your shows for the week. Then dining. 

You can probably book every time slot if you pay-why not?

I was able to book one show in the terminal. Otherwise the connection was poor there. 

Many of the sold out shows were around half capacity. I believe they let people in right before it starts (the ones with no reservation).

7 hours ago, deliver42 said:

My wife had no problem with the I Fly,  but the North Star sold out fast. We were able to pre book both on the Ovation through the cruise planner.

We had trouble with the app so we had the diamond lounge concierge book North Star (for Coco Cay) and iFly for us. She also booked some shows for us which we didn't ask for so we ended up going to the Book which we were going to skip. The storyline was odd. This was on the Odyssey this October so the passenger count wasn't as high as it will probably be now.

Edited by ReneeFLL