Questions re Celebrity cancellation process/fees?

Froufie

So first time Celebrity cruiser and while we don't really want to cancel - we are weighing the pros and cons of our upcoming January cruise.

Can someone walk me through the cancellation process - I want to know what the costs/charges might be?

We are beyond final payment and booked with non-refundable deposit ($960 CA) - so do we lose that when we cancel?

We also booked flights thru Celebrity - if we cancel the cruise are we also subject to the $270 CA pp flight ticket cancellation?

Total at this point lost would be $1500..  ...and the rest is 'provided' as a future cruise credit?  Is this correct?  What are the time limitations/restrictions on rebooking?

Also if instead of cancelling we find another cruise (later in the year) to switch to - is it still treated as a cancellation?  Or can we move ALL the funds over to a different cruise with less/no penalty fees?

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

As Canada has issued a travel advisory, I would call X for the latest information. It may well be different than an ordinary cancellation and any info may change daily. 

The only person I would trust with an answer apart from X would be a Canadian who has cancelled within the last few days since the announcement. 

• Like 1

I just canceled my B2B2B cruise on the Millennium, this was before the final payment date, the Celebrity MX operator mentioned that refunds will take 60 business days, and the FCC takes 45 business days. And FCC's must be used by May 31 for a cruise before December 31

Edited by gerelmx
  • Like 1

If you cancel with CwC you do not lose the deposit.  I believe the Taxes/Fees are refunded and the remainder is issued as FCC.   It might be easier to just move the reservation to another sailing within the CwC FCC date guidelines.   As @jelayne points out the FAQ section is quite thorough and should answer your questions. 

So according to information on that webpage sounds like one would be refunded the FULL amount as a FCC to be booked by May 31, 2022 by Dec 31st or one year from sail date  (which for us would be Jan 19, 2023)

Cancel up to 48 Hours Before you Sail

You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use by May 31, 2022 toward any sailing through December 31, 2022, or one year from your original sailing date, whichever is later.

For cancellation within any phase of penalty, refunds will be issued as Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the full cruise fare amount.  

In order to receive 100% FCC, your booking must be paid in full.

-For cancellation outside of penalty, your refund will be issued to the original form of payment. (Only applicable in countries that offer a refundable deposit option).

-Nonrefundable Deposit Bookings: If canceled outside of penalty, the full deposit amount will be returned (without penalty) in the form of an FCC. If canceled within any phase of penalty, the cruise fare including full deposit (without penalty) will be issued as an FCC.

-Bookings made with FCCs from suspended sailings will also benefit from the new Cruise With Confidence policy.