Viking Ocean impressions from a lifelong Celebrity cruiser

spryder

9 minutes ago, Kitekat said:

We are about to embark on our very first Viking cruise. One of the things we appreciate on X cruises is the low level lighting at night in the bathrooms. Do the Viking ships have this or should I pack some of our 'nightlights'?

There is a nightlight in the room, the switch is one of them at the bedside.  However for us, the location of the floor level light is such that in Vs, DVs, and PVs, it reflects in the hallway mirror and therefore is too bright so we don’t use it. I can’t recall if that switching that light on turns on a similar low level light in the bathroom.  If so, then you could put something in front of the one in the bedroom if it’s too bright for you like it is for us. 

Hopefully someone else will provide a real answer to your actual question 😂

16 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

There is a nightlight in the room, the switch is one of them at the bedside.  However for us, the location of the floor level light is such that in Vs, DVs, and PVs, it reflects in the hallway mirror and therefore is too bright so we don’t use it. I can’t recall if that switching that light on turns on a similar low level light in the bathroom.  If so, then you could put something in front of the one in the bedroom if it’s too bright for you like it is for us. 

Hopefully someone else will provide a real answer to your actual question 😂

Thank you for that information. If it does include the bathroom, I expect to find a towel or dressing gown in front of the mirror in the morning as my OH hates it when there is too much light including that coming under the cabin door!

• Like 1

Yes, the night light switch also turns on a low level under the counter light in the bathroom. That one’s okay, but the one in the hall is way too bright but both turn on from the switch by the bed and are connected.

A couple on one of the Welcome Back Malta cruises last summer showed a little plug in Euro light they use that plugs into the shaver socket in the bathroom. Much better. I bought a pack of two from Amazon (haven’t cruised yet though). You could try them.

Edited by LindaS272

We have some small battery operated 'nightlights' which look like small candles. We bought them just before covid so have not really had a chance to use them as I have only just rediscovered them tucked in the back of a drawer. But I don't want to carry any extras if we don't need to!

The razor socket is a slightly different size from the EU sockets. 

4 hours ago, Kitekat said:

We are about to embark on our very first Viking cruise. One of the things we appreciate on X cruises is the low level lighting at night in the bathrooms. Do the Viking ships have this or should I pack some of our 'nightlights'?

Pack a nighlight and shut the nightlight in your suite off as it is way too bright.

4 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Why would it need to be a euro plug?  Isn’t the razor plug suitable for US and Euro?

No idea. I just thought it was a great substitute for the Viking glaring night lights. I’ll use them on our upcoming cruises.

• Like 1