Is Half Moon Cay still open?

sharon&family

Some people sailing on the upcoming Magic cruise are saying that due to new Bahama regulations

Half Moon Caye may not even allow people to get onto the island.  New regulations are saying you

have to have a negative PCR test within 2 days of visiting to be allowed onto the island.  Is anyone

getting to go there this week?  Please keep us updated.

33 minutes ago, sharon&family said:

Some people sailing on the upcoming Magic cruise are saying that due to new Bahama regulations

Half Moon Caye may not even allow people to get onto the island.  New regulations are saying you

have to have a negative PCR test within 2 days of visiting to be allowed onto the island.  Is anyone

getting to go there this week?  Please keep us updated.

I would suggest that you contact Carnival directly and ask someone there about Half Moon Cay and don't listen to what may be false information. 

I've been there twice in the past month and would've been there a week ago yesterday except we couldn't tender due to weather conditions.  This was on HAL Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam.

I was under the impression that entry rules to the Bahamas does NOT apply to cruise ship passengers.  Of course, that could've changed in the past week!

"Some people saying..." is not something anyone should rely on (including what I said above).  Do the research and find a legitimate source.  Check the Bahamas and/or Private Islands port-of-call boards.  The Bahamas has a website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

It was open last month. But seeing as how fast this virus spreads It's not a sure bet.

I was there last week. 😊 Looks like this week's Legend cruise goes to Princess Cay instead, but seems all the Bahamas ports are open... for now.