Embarkation lunch

Wis

Does anyone know if the MDR is open for lunch on Sky when we get on (1:30)? I’m trying to avoid crowds (although that might be a mute point) in the Marketplace. Does Alfredo’s get crowded? 

Thanks again.

Just now, pathi said:

Usually the hours are 12:00 to 1:30. Try Alfredos. Usually no crowd at all 1st day.

I was also wondering about the dining room.  It used to be that Alfredos wasn't busy day one.  I think that's because some people didn't realize that it was free.  We haven't been able to get a seat on our last two cruises without a very long wait!

20 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

We've always seen the deck 6 midship dining room open on embarkation day.

I’ve had the same experiences including at Concerto on Majestic in October. The name for that MDR location on Discovery is still unknown because deck plans are not on the app & online only say “Dining Room”. And with new names…Juneau, Ketchikan & Skagway…there’s no way to know their locations when making DMW reservations.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wis said:

Does anyone know if the MDR is open for lunch on Sky when we get on (1:30)? I’m trying to avoid crowds (although that might be a mute point) in the Marketplace. Does Alfredo’s get crowded? 

Thanks again.

We were on the Sky in November and the MDR was open for lunch on embarkation day from 12:00 to 1:30. We had B2B cruises and both embarkation days these were the hours. If you really want to eat in the MDR I’d recommend showing up early for embarkation so you can get on the ship before 1:30. Due to reduced capacity no one was checking the embarkation times so if you show up a little early you should be fine.

• Like 1