Is outdoor portion of Haven restaurant open for dinner? (Encore)

CarolinaMamma

Trying to minimize risk of getting quarantined on my cruise by eating outdoors as much as possible. Does anyone know if the outdoor portion of the Haven restaurant on Encore is open for dinner? 

if not, we may do more specialty restaurants dining in the ones that have outdoor seating, 

2 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Trying to minimize risk of getting quarantined on my cruise by eating outdoors as much as possible. Does anyone know if the outdoor portion of the Haven restaurant on Encore is open for dinner? 

if not, we may do more specialty restaurants dining in the ones that have outdoor seating, 

Oh mamma… I can’t believe you’re still considering going during all this turmoil. 😞

4 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Oh mamma… I can’t believe you’re still considering going during all this turmoil. 😞

I agree.

You're basically asking people to give you permission to sail.

If you have so many worries and concerns...why go?

Your money is spent...and even if you lose all of it....you'll lose all this stress.

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I agree.

You're basically asking people to give you permission to sail.

If you have so many worries and concerns...why go?

Your money is spent...and even if you lose all of it....you'll lose all this stress.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. “Eat outside, do this, do that” all just to try and enjoy the vacation and avoid falling ill. When you’re spending $10k, it really shouldn’t be this way. 

• Like 1

For what it's worth, you'll be more socially distanced eating inside. The outdoor seating is popular (even not during a pandemic), but the inside of the Haven restaurant has been mostly empty for most meals.

I wouldn't count on always being able to eat outside. And there will be a few elevator rides where someone unmasked sneaks on at the last minute no matter how careful you are trying to be. If you sail right now there are bound to be a lot things out of your control. 

43 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

At this point, we’re just being verrrrry flexible. Living overseas taught me to be resilient and make the best of every situation,  Having kids taught me that I am not in control of ANYTHING.

All of my questions may come off as anxious, but it’s really more about planning for all contingencies. I am a plan-in-advance control freak before the vacation, but a roll-with-the-punches kind of person once it starts. 

If I don’t have to cook or clean for a week, and no one from work can bother my husband, because we have no internet and our phones don’t work, it’s still a vacation in my book!  Missed ports and shows are not a dealbreaker for me. Based on the number of people I know who are vaxxed and boosted and have gotten Covid in the last three weeks, I think it’s inevitable, whether on a cruise ship or at my kids’ schools. 

I haven’t packed yet, and I won’t be heartbroken if NCL cancels the cruise or if one of us tests positive and we can’t go, but I am doing everything possible to optimize our experience if we go, and if we end up in quarantine. We may drive to the port instead of flying, just to keep our options open and reduce the odds of getting stuck in a hotel in Miami. It’s 13 hours, but we’ve done it before.  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

While open, depending on the weather, it can get very windy when the ship is underway. 

You can always do in room dining from any restaurant. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

While open, depending on the weather, it can get very windy when the ship is underway. 

You can always do in room dining from any restaurant. 

Wait a minute, are you saying being outside on a ship sailing on the ocean can get windy?  Learn something new everyday......

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

Are you referring only to the Haven, or is that possible in regular accommodations as well?

Haven guests can task their butler to pick up food from any restaurant. If it is a specialty restaurant, you will be charged at the restaurant rate or use a SDP credit. Butler's will set your dining table with a white table cloth and serve your meals to you by course or in total (your choice)

Non-Haven guests can order off the room service menu, only ($9.95 service charge per delivery, except for continental breakfast which is free). 

image.thumb.png.b932c421379c036ad77cd5a9122f5754.png 'image.thumb.png.144e2a9240c3efa2f8b89c8d1013bab4.png

image.thumb.png.8372b269b555abc956355d71797a27e3.png

image.thumb.png.12e1969487dbbedbeee143bd05660d5d.png

image.thumb.png.0fbef7041f9dc094fa0f94ac18253d33.png

image.thumb.png.17770fdfb75f23565aa32ce2c570ac0f.png

• Thanks 1