San Pedro parking close enough to walk?

jeffw67

Just wondering how far the walk is from San Pedro cruise ship parking to the NCL Bliss. I have heard there are shuttles but in a worst case scenario and we have symptoms just want to avoid a shuttle. Also don't want there to be any reason to quarantine if we can just drive home.

The shuttle is used to transport from the testing terminal to the main check in terminal.  If you test positive, you will never make it to the main terminal. While it can be a long walk, I might try to leave my luggage in the car, go to the testing area and then walk back to the car for luggage to check.  Just depends on your comfort level and how likely you are to test positive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

The shuttle is used to transport from the testing terminal to the main check in terminal.  If you test positive, you will never make it to the main terminal. While it can be a long walk, I might try to leave my luggage in the car, go to the testing area and then walk back to the car for luggage to check.  Just depends on your comfort level and how likely you are to test positive.

Thank you, just wanted to be be sure if we did test positive we could just walk to our car and drive home without being subject to NCLs or Med Com protocols given the bad stories I've been reading.

Prior to NCL doing pier testing, I would drop off my luggage, park, and then walk to check in. I’ve never seen a shuttle that takes you from the parking lot to check in. 
I’ve heard stories if you test positive it takes HOURS (4-5 if ever) to get your luggage back. What I would do now is park, go get tested, then if negative go get my luggage to turn in. Then go to check in. 
Seems like a lot but if I’m “positive” I want to go home right away and not sit with a bunch of other potentially positive people waiting for my luggage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

Prior to NCL doing pier testing, I would drop off my luggage, park, and then walk to check in. I’ve never seen a shuttle that takes you from the parking lot to check in. 
I’ve heard stories if you test positive it takes HOURS (4-5 if ever) to get your luggage back. What I would do now is park, go get tested, then if negative go get my luggage to turn in. Then go to check in. 
Seems like a lot but if I’m “positive” I want to go home right away and not sit with a bunch of other potentially positive people waiting for my luggage. 

That's a good idea. Thanks!

Is there close disabled parking in the lot at the pier?  Not really. I would drop off the person along with luggage, park, then meet them. 

What time can we enter the parking lot for RC cruise?  I think it’s open 24/7. 

Does it tend to stay full for awhile? Not sure. 

Hope this helps. 

6 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Is there close disabled parking in the lot at the pier?  Not really. I would drop off the person along with luggage, park, then meet them. 

What time can we enter the parking lot for RC cruise?  I think it’s open 24/7. 

Does it tend to stay full for awhile? Not sure. 

Hope this helps. 

Yes.  Thank  you.

On 1/10/2022 at 6:09 PM, imola said:

Is there close disabled parking in the lot at the pier?  What time can we enter the parking lot for RC cruise?  Does it tend to stay full for awhile?  TIA

It depends on the Berth being used. I don't think any cruise line has preassigned berths, they just use what is available. Both Berth 92 & 93 have Handicap Parking directly in front of the terminal, see links below.

https://goo.gl/maps/NUx3HHnVmHPFgkp19   Berth 92

https://goo.gl/maps/uDVdhqhcEssrCNqJ7   Berth 93

That does not mean any will be available, but they are close.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:08 PM, scottca075 said:

It depends on the Berth being used. I don't think any cruise line has preassigned berths, they just use what is available. Both Berth 92 & 93 have Handicap Parking directly in front of the terminal, see links below.

https://goo.gl/maps/NUx3HHnVmHPFgkp19   Berth 92

https://goo.gl/maps/uDVdhqhcEssrCNqJ7   Berth 93

That does not mean any will be available, but they are close.

Thank you everyone.  We got a space at the fence line across from where folks leave the ship after going through customs.  It is perfect as we plan to do a walk off.  

• Like 2