Get your booster of sailing into or out of San Francisco

HaveDogWillTravel

Yes I read about it. I thought to make  a new thread so the realization of that mandate would not get buried in my Live From. I thought folks would like to know if and how this is being implemented.  I hope my fellow cruisers on this sailing will pipe in with their experiences.

You can still embark from SF without a booster.  So far. I do hope people don’t lie to avoid testing at the end of a cruise. We were very willing to show our steward our vaccine cards. My experience has been that stewards are very accommodating and the thought has crossed my mind that this requirement could be circumvented by those inclined to do so.

IDK maybe I’m overreacting to the experience (yesterday on the Ruby) of having someone who without provocation from me bragged that he smuggled spirits on board……and described how he did it.  I guess I was surprised by the unethical behavior.  With OBC and beverage packages and really reasonable costs for alcohol on board I’m thinking why?  Seriously no spirit is so irresistible that you can’t make do for a bit if you’re without?  Unethical behavior is a slippery slope.  

• Like 3

I received a 3 question survey the other day from princess. I forget exactly the wording but it asked if I was boostered and if princess were to require a booster if I would be more likely or less likely to sail? Or would I not care either way? 
@CruiseRaidersaid they got the survey as well. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

On 1/11/2022 at 8:37 AM, HappyInVan said:

I wish that the cruise ships I board, require boosters.

And, test before disembarkation. That would discourage the cheats trying to hide symptoms to avoid quarantine. Its only fair. We know that omicron is present. Just have to fess up if infected, and enjoy the isolation and freebies. Cruise fare refunded. 

Princess refunds your cruise if you test positive while on your cruise?  Can you link to the source information if you have it?

From the Pruncess site, under the 

CruiseHealth™ FAQ: Sailings from the United States

Updated January 12, 2022

If I have COVID-19 symptoms, will I need to be isolated?

Yes, anyone reporting or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be reviewed by the shipboard medical staff and tested for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). COVID-19 cases will be assessed and treated either in their stateroom, or in a designated area of the Medical Center in a single occupancy ward.

Positive cases that do not require admission to the ship’s medical center, or medical disembarkation, will most likely be moved to a different cabin for the duration of their isolation.

If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are quarantined or medically isolated during your voyage as a result of a positive COVID-19 test or are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit for missed cruise days, including time in quarantine, for you, your travel party, and any confirmed close contacts, if any of you test positive during your cruise.

If you have purchased a travel protection plan through us, you and your traveling companion may make a claim for a refund under the trip interruption benefit instead of receiving the FCC.