Cruise with Confidence FCC and Flights by Celebrity

juksing

If you booked non-refundable airfare and have paid in full, you would lose $200/pp for the flights. That being said, I did read if this happens you may try calling the airline and ask them to waive the fee or let you transfer the flights over from Flights by Celebrity and have a credit with the airline. Whether or not that would be successful...who knows. But I always say never hurts to ask.

We just cancelled under CWC last week. We have been notified that all our $ for Flights by Celebrity will be refunded to our credit card. No $200 penalty. And I am pretty sure we had NOT purchased refundable air fare as that was never mentioned when we booked. We have used Celebrity air several times and at no time has refundable fare every been mentioned. So I must assume that we had nonrefundable fare. Nevertheless, we are getting 100% refund of the air portion. At the time I cancelled I asked my TA about the $200 pp penalty. He said under CWC that fare was "protected". His wording. 

Thanks for info folks.   I am pretty sure I purchased as cheap as possible so my aunt fare was non-refundable.   My 60 day window is today so have to decide to keep the reservation and hope for the best with the security of the CWC or just cancel.  I will call Celebrity to check ( I didn’t use a TA) although my experience has been the phone folks sometimes give wrong info.

From their website:

Does Cruise with Confidence protect airfare?

If you booked air through Flights by Celebrity with a refundable air option, Celebrity will handle changing your arrangements, and we’ll cover any change fees. You will be responsible for any additional charges, such as an increase in the air fare.   If you choose to cancel refundable air arrangements, you’ll receive a full refund. Refunds will be processed to the original form of payment. The refund will typically appear on your credit card statement in the next billing cycle.

UK and Ireland guests who booked a non-refundable ticket through Celebrity will not receive a refund. If you booked flights independently with an airline or travel partner, you’ll need to contact them directly to inquire about a refund or contact your travel insurance provider.

If you booked air independently or purchased nonrefundable air through Flights by Celebrity, you should reach out to your air carrier for assistance with canceling or changing your flight. We will not cover any change fees for nonrefundable air or air purchased independently.

If you choose to cancel, the carrier should allow you the use of the ticket within 12 months of the ticket issue date. If the airline does not accommodate the use of the ticket value within 12 months of ticket issue date, you should contact Flights by Celebrity via email at choiceairsupervisors@rccl.com.  In your email, be sure to include the following:

Booking Number

Sail Date

Guest Names

Reason for the email/what was advised by the airline

Emails will be answered in the order received. Responses may take 7 to 10 business days.