Carnival Splendor - AFT Cabin Verandah Deck 8 vs Upper/Express Deck 6/7 Feedback Please

Hi all,

It's been a while since my last cruise and hoping to get away on one late this year.

Would love an AFT cruise and considering 8463 8465 8454 8452.

Pros from a quick google search - looks to be quite private and generous size.

Negatives again from a google search - looks to be a bit more dark with an overhang.

Alternatively also considering 7452 7455 7446 7444 7442 6489 6491 6456 6452 which look to be same positive but lower decks.

Pros again from quick google search - they look to have a good amount of daylight/less shade than deck 8.

Negatives again from a google search - very limited privacy due to the slanted walls between each balcony meaning its very easy to see into the balcony next door, possible smaller balcony than deck 8.

I'd love your feedback please on these AFT centre cabins if you've stayed in any, have any photos to share, feedback etc.

Do all aft balconies include deck chairs?

In particular wanting to find out more about deck 8 - are the balconies very dark, are they any bigger than decks 6 or 7?

For us a balcony is really important on a cruise to be able to have somewhere to ourselves to relax, sit in pjs and watch the ship sail into ports while eating breakfast on the balcony, cheese and wine at sunset on the balcony. Want to make the best choice for us.

Thank you for your help, happy sailing 🙂

Been on the ship in question a couple of times and loved it. Cant help with the aft cabins as we don't go any further back than mid aft due to the awkward motion that ships with Azipod propulsion get at times. It tends to feel like a dog shaking its rear end after getting wet, and according to my good friend who is a retired Marine Engineer it is caused by cavitation between the propulsion units.

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Been on the ship in question a couple of times and loved it. Cant help with the aft cabins as we don't go any further back than mid aft due to the awkward motion that ships with Azipod propulsion get at times. It tends to feel like a dog shaking its rear end after getting wet, and according to my good friend who is a retired Marine Engineer it is caused by cavitation between the propulsion units.

Thanks for the feedback. The only aft cabin I've had before was Explorer Of The Seas and fortunately didn't find any motion there. Does Explorer also have Azipod? Thank you!

On 1/15/2022 at 1:21 PM, LuckiePuris said:

Thanks for the feedback. The only aft cabin I've had before was Explorer Of The Seas and fortunately didn't find any motion there. Does Explorer also have Azipod? Thank you!

Found this for 6454 which may help you decide.  I guess it depends upon if you want shade or not.  If you do the end cabins seem to have a bit more light rather than the middle ones because of the shape of the overhang.

I have cruised on the ship before it arrived in Australia, but not in an aft balcony. Personally I would not consider any of those cabins on deck 6. That is directly above El Morocco Lounge, where they hold comedy shows, music shows, trivia etc. Depends on your tolerance for noise.

As for deck 8, some people avoid cabins directly below the pool area on lido due to noise from deckchairs being dragged around above. I have cruised on Legend in one of these cabins and did not notice any noise issues.

On 1/16/2022 at 4:17 PM, Ondine said:

Found this for 6454 which may help you decide.  I guess it depends upon if you want shade or not.  If you do the end cabins seem to have a bit more light rather than the middle ones because of the shape of the overhang.

Thank you! 

On 1/16/2022 at 4:22 PM, Relaxing Robbies said:

I have cruised on the ship before it arrived in Australia, but not in an aft balcony. Personally I would not consider any of those cabins on deck 6. That is directly above El Morocco Lounge, where they hold comedy shows, music shows, trivia etc. Depends on your tolerance for noise.

As for deck 8, some people avoid cabins directly below the pool area on lido due to noise from deckchairs being dragged around above. I have cruised on Legend in one of these cabins and did not notice any noise issues.

Thanks for the feedback on the noise levels. Our noise tolerance is pretty good and I imagine being underneath a pool deck wouldn't be any louder than the corridors of people.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, LuckiePuris said:

Thanks for the feedback on the noise levels. Our noise tolerance is pretty good and I imagine being underneath a pool deck wouldn't be any louder than the corridors of people.

Thank you!

The problem often mentioned with being under a pool deck, is the sound of deck chairs being set out by the crew and also deck chairs being dragged around.