Multiple keys/Medallions?

stomsf

Hi All - 

I did look through a few pages to see if this question has been answered but the last response to something of this kind was 2005...  so here goes!

We are going on a cruise in April on Majestic - multiple extended family members, friends, etc.  My Dad has made the arrangements and in order to max the OBC for stockholders, he's moved a lot of people around; i.e. my nephew and his fiance are in separate rooms with his mom and his aunt, respectively.  Another sister is assigned to a cabin with my Mom and her husband is with my Dad.

According to the 2005 thread it's not a problem to go to the purser's desk (I'm guessing that's Guest Services now?) and get the people all sorted out, but is that the case when the cruise is a Medallion cruise?  I think my Dad was thinking everyone can just switch cards/medallions, but then they would have to switch back when getting off of the ship, not to mention sorting out the on board charges will be a pain.  

So is it still feasible to go to Guest Services once we board to get it all sorted out?  Thanks in advance!

I booked two cabins.  One under my husband (with our adult son) and One under my name (with my daughter in law and two grandchildren).  We were paying for everything, so our credit card was showing for both rooms - We went to Guest Services and had all medallions set to open both doors on the two cabins.  My husband and I were in one, my son, his wife and the two grandkids in the other.  We did not change the names around for who was it what room

Everything worked out great.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, stomsf said:

Thanks @roxievegas!!  That settles the room issue - I suppose the on board charges can be figured out for those in the mixed rooms LOL.

Each person will have their own on board account. There will be a summary account for all accounts linked to "dads" account & credit card. Those not linked will have to supply their own credit card number and will have a separate charge.