? About the Local on the NCL Sky

AtlantaCruiser72

The 24 hour place is very similar fleet wide. On the smaller ships it may get quieter earlier (and whilst they say they are 24 hours service is fairly limited during the small hours on all ships).

Breakfast/Lunch are very similar though. The only issue I have ever had on ships like the Sky is that as the venue is smaller than the newer ships there have been times when there were no tables available.

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

The 24 hour place is very similar fleet wide. On the smaller ships it may get quieter earlier (and whilst they say they are 24 hours service is fairly limited during the small hours on all ships).

Breakfast/Lunch are very similar though. The only issue I have ever had on ships like the Sky is that as the venue is smaller than the newer ships there have been times when there were no tables available.

Thank you for this information

If it's similar to the Sun then at least when I was on it back in 2019 it had a smaller menu that the Bliss and the late night menu was even smaller. I was quite disappointed. Never attempted their breakfast - mainly because on Sun it was right next to the buffet and when we had gone the night before it took forever to get food. 

I last sailed on Sky shortly after it's 2019 dry dock. The Local had limited hours, and if I recall, the hours they served food was even more limited than the hours the bar was open. I was quite disappointed, I love getting wings whenever the mood strikes. And that's not usually at dinner time.

Thanks for the replies. We liked breakfast at the Local as it was nice to have a sit down meal without all the hubbub of the buffet. We had no issues with the breakfast selections offered. As for lunch we usually ate between 1-3:30pm so hopefully Sky will have service during that time window. Again preferred over dealing with the madness of the buffet. Dining room breakfast and lunch hours usually don’t work with our schedule and service can be painfully slow. Hopefully the Local will meet our needs if we choose to sail her to Canada/NE in Sept 2024. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72