Royal Suite and Sunset Suite included?

Algebralovr

Hi!

I'm considering a move-up bid but a question before I do.

The Sunset Suite,, Royal Suite, and above, all list that Stream Wi-Fi is included.  Is that limited to one device?  

When we booked, in Dec 2019, I accidentally booked Surf internet.  I need to upgrade AND add a second device that will also have Stream.  If the Sunset and Royal Suites allow MORE than one device for the Stream per person, then that changes the calculus of my move-up bid.  Not expecting, but wondering.  

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

Hi!

I'm considering a move-up bid but a question before I do.

The Sunset Suite,, Royal Suite, and above, all list that Stream Wi-Fi is included.  Is that limited to one device?  

When we booked, in Dec 2019, I accidentally booked Surf internet.  I need to upgrade AND add a second device that will also have Stream.  If the Sunset and Royal Suites allow MORE than one device for the Stream per person, then that changes the calculus of my move-up bid.  Not expecting, but wondering.  

Thanks!

Good luck with you question. I basically asked the same question last week - if you read the move up website and the terms, it clearly states that the perks you have with your original booking are what you get with your new cabin if your bid is accepted (for us that didn’t include streaming), BUT, on the page where you enter bids for Sunset and Royal, it describes those as included. The best answer I could get was that unlimited specialty dining for the Royal is intrinsic to the room, not a perk, so you get that but not streaming., despite what it says. As for you, it made a difference on our bid, I finally just didn’t bid on a Moveup. We got a good deal on streaming because we are Elite, and decided that was good enough. If you bid and win a Royal, please come back and tell us what you got!

You will get the perks that come with the room - Free Laundry, Bar Setup and 2 bottles of your choice, Unlimited Specialty Dining.   Other "perks" e.g. internet, tips and obc will be from your original booking.

BTW, if you purchased the RS or Sunset the internet you get is per person and is  Excelerate  speed.  On all internet packages you can access unlimited devices but only one at a time.  Both you and your cabin mate will get a separate  internet account. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You will get the perks that come with the room - Free Laundry, Bar Setup and 2 bottles of your choice, Unlimited Specialty Dining.   Other "perks" e.g. internet, tips and obc will be from your original booking.

BTW, if you purchased the RS or Sunset the internet you get is per person and is  Excelerate  speed.  On all internet packages you can access unlimited devices but only one at a time.  Both you and your cabin mate will get a separate  internet account. 

The best way I've seen it described here on CC is "amenities" are what come with the cabin (such as access to Luminae, Retreat Lounge, Retreat deck, etc...) vs "perks (Beverage package, Wi-Fi, Gratuities, & OBC). With the move up you get the amenities that come with your new cabin, but you keep the perks that came with your original reservation.

Another way to look at it is to look at your existing guest copy. If it's a separate line item on the guest copy, it won't change when you move up to your new cabin.

On 1/18/2022 at 7:30 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Jim, have you had this experience with a move up to an RS?  Before the introduction of the Move Up process, I took advantage of a reduced price upgrade to an RS.  (Previous upgrade program) At that time all RS cabins included a Premium Drink package, four device unlimited internet, and the Specialty dining.  It did not include the OBC and gratuities that came with the normal 123 or BBB program.
This has changed?  I can understand not including all the benefits of the Indulge package if the cabin is obtained via a move up bid. (If you did not already have it), but not including the Premium drink package would be a big take a way.